28- "A Love Story"

I knocked on the door and waited for a response. Mia and I are going out for the night to watch a movie and hang out. I agreed with her when she asked me if we could because it's been a while since we hanged out together. I'm just wearing simple jeans, sneakers and a t-shirt that says; Superhuman.

I heard footsteps and the door suddenly opened revealing Mia in her peach colored cocktail dress. Her hair was down and I noticed she also has slight make up applied on her face.

"So what do you think?" She asks looking down at her dress. I suddenly became nervous. Everyone knows I don't really know what to do or say when it comes to girls and everyone also knew that Lily Andrews slapped me in sophomore year because I said that she looked like a pig in her pink dress. Yeah, I'm an idiot I know. I racked my brain for an answer that will not get me slapped.

"Y-You look b-beautiful and stunning" I choked out scratching the back of my neck.

"Thanks" Mia said with a smile.

"Come on" I say guiding her towards my car. Correction: My daddy's car. Thank God my father finally let me borrow his car after a lot of debating and me giving my cookies to him. You see, he doesn't trust me after I destroyed his last beloved car by running it into a tree. 

I opened the door for Mia and she smiled at me as she sat down at shotgun seat.

The drive to the movies was quiet and calm. When we arrived I immediately went out and opened the door for Mia. Yeah, I'm definitely a gentleman....just don't mess with my cookies.

"So, what movie are we going to watch?" She asks looking at the line of movies that is lined up on the wall.

"Your choice" I shrugged. Please let it be not a horror movie. Please, please, please. I swear, if she chose a horror movie I'll bolt out of the door right here, right now.

"What about this? I heard this movie is amazing" Mia said pointing on movie titled: "A Love Story". I almost jumped in excitement but i sucessfully  restrained myself. The truth is; I love Romance movies! I know, I know, my masculine body may not show it. But, it's the truth. It all started when I was just a kid. My mom is a romance addict. She always made me and dad watch romance that's why I somewhat eventually liked it also. And I know Dad secretly does too.

Actually, my favorite movie is: "The Notebook". Hey, the movie is amazing! Yeah, laugh at me. Whatever. Just know this, I'm definitely not gay. Okay? Not gay.

I cleared my throat.

"Um okay, let's watch that" I say still trying to restrain my excitement. Her face lit up and I smiled at her. I paid for the tickets and we went inside with popcorns and soda in our hands.
The truth is that I really waited for this movie. This movie starred my favorite actress: Shiela Mae. She's really amazing when it comes to acting and plus the fact that she is beautiful. 

We sat on the middle part because the chairs on the front were already taken by these couples that were already smooching.

The movie started and I sat on the chair beside Mia. In the middle of the movie, I really tried my best to not shed a tear. The scene was just so sad. This is where Shiela saw Derrick (the male protagonist) cheating on her. Yeah, yeah, I'm a hopeless romantic. Haha.

I looked around me and noticed that all the other people here with me are couples. Some were holding hands and some were...doing the ew. No, they're not pooping. It starts with S and end with X. I'm not gonna say it.

I averted my gaze from them and shifted on my seat uncomfortably. You don't know how awkward this situation is. I'm surrounded with couples. I have the strongest urge to bolt out of the door right now.

I felt something warm in my hands. Mia's hands was holding mine that is rested on the arm of the chair. I looked at Mia who was still looking at the screen.

What's she doing? What should I do? Should I just shove it? But that's rude, right? Should I just let it be? But it doesn't feel...right.Ugh. I don't know what to do.

Okay, first I have to calm down. Inhale, Exhale. Just remember what Dad told you Ken. If you don't know what to do, then don't know anything. I don't know if it's accurate but I'll just trust it now. I just tried to focus my attention to the screen even if it's so hard to.

***************************

The next chapter will be interesting. *insert evil laugh*