Chapter 1- Brave or Coward?

Start from the beginning

"What's your name?" He asks, his eyes scanning around my face.

"Why are you talking to me?" I say a little too harshly. He widens his eyes. He looks a little taken a-back.

"I'm sorry. I'm Cassandra. You can call me Cassie though." I smile a little and look back to the front.

"Well nice to meet you." I look back at him and see him smiling. I smirk and look back to the front of the room. This was odd, but lifting my day.

There's a clap of hands, "Alright class, let's begin...."

I groan internally and prepare for a long 60 minutes of torture.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 RIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Yes! Homeroom is over! I quickly get my stuff together and get out of my seat. I realize I'm one of the last ones out. I'm about to walk out the door when I hear, "Cassie!"

I whirl around, surprised and scared that someone was coming to threaten me or beat me up. When I see it's Zayn, I smile weakly, my heart still beating fast. "Yes?" I ask.

He walks up to me and takes a sheet of paper out of his back pocket and unfolds it. "I don't know where my next class is. Can you show me where it is?"

I shrug and he hands me his schedule. It's okay to miss some of music. The three worst boys were in that class. Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, and Niall Horan. They were close friends with Liam Payne and he was in that class, except he didn't join in with the teasing and bullying. But he also doesn't stop it.

I take the paper and to my luck....it's music.

"I have that same class. Just follow me a couple yards back." He gives me a confused  look.

"Trust me. It's social suicide to be near me. You're already heading down that track from talking to me."

He gives me an even more confused look, "Why?"

I think about the accident and shrug. He gives me a look, saying that he doesn't believe me.

I hand him back his paper and trudge through the hallways with him a couple yards behind me. When I get to the music room I open the door and walk in, handing a form on the teachers desk about auditions for the school play, Grease. I loved the movie. People doubted me, heck, I doubted myself, but I really wanted to try it and show the bullies up. Zayn walks in as I put the paper on her desk. I see him take a seat in the middle of the class next to these girls staring at him.

I start to walk back to my seat and the next thing I know, I'm saying hello to the floor. My books fly out from under me and I fall on to the floor. The whole room bursts into laughter except Zayn and Liam who has a sympathetic smile. I heard he was bullied in middle school or something but then fought back and people left him alone. Zayn was confused. I blushed, and blinked back the tears as I walk to my seat in the very back. When I sit there, I see Zayn looking at me in the corner of my eye, but I'm more focused on Louis glaring at me and mouthing, "Worthless."

I knew he tripped me on purpose. Those words stung. Silent tears rolled down my cheeks as we started to do vocal warm ups.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that class, I haven't seen Zayn. He got directions to his next class by some other people, probably the girls who were drooling over him. I knew he'd leave me. It's just the story of my life. I have no friends. It was lunch now. I go to my locker and grab my bag lunch and walk outside. I take a seat against a tree and take out my apple and take a bite. When I almost finish my apple, I hear some whispering and footsteps behind me. I turn around and see a sight that made my heart beat quicken by a ton and my hands to get clammy.

This is my day. This is my time to show them that they can't mess with me.

It was Harry, Niall and Louis.

Harry catches sight of me and grins, signaling for Niall and Louis to come here. I frown. Be strong.

"Hey Lads. Look what we've got here." Harry says smirking. The three of them stand in front of me and I stand up, leaning against the tree, giving them weary looks.

"Oh, look...it's deaf Cassie." Niall smirks. I wince unintended to the word 'deaf'. I wasn't deaf.

"I bet she can't even hear us right now." Louis smirks as Harry take a step closer to me.

"You're a waste of space. Why do you exist? People with problems like you shouldn't exist." Harry whispered, smirking.

This is it. "Oh really? I'm pretty sure you have more problems than I could ever have."

No cussing, Cassie. No cussing.

The boys seem taken aback, because I've never taken a stand or talk against them when this happened. But, unfortunately they quickly recover.

"Oh look. Cassie thinks she's so tough. But what she doesn't realize, I wasn't talking anything about problems.She really is deaf. I was talking about how her parents hate her and that they wish they could disown you."

What? I'm 100% sure I heard right and I will stick my ground. Tears brim my eyes while I glare at them. They were just pretending and making fun of my hearing loss. Couldn't stop now.

"They couldn't disown me even if they wanted to. They died idiot. They. DIED. So Shut up and go to hell." I shove him out of my way with tears streaming down my face. I wasn't technically cussing...I was telling him to go down there.

Mistake number one.

I hear running feet behind me and see them chasing me, angry. They probably were angry that I shoved Harry and talked to him that way. But he deserves much worse. I widen my eyes. They were gaining on me. I run around randomly and suddenly end up in the cafeteria.

Crappitty crap crap.

Mistake number two.

I whirl around and run smack into someone's chest and fall on the ground, tears still streaming down my face.

Zayn.

He stick his hand out, but I look behind him and see Harry, Niall, and Louis almost here. I quickly scramble up on my own and run through the cafeteria, dodging people and trays of food with people shouting at me.

"CASSIE GET BACK HERE! THIS ISN'T OVER!" I heard Harry holler in the cafeteria as I burst through the doors on the other side and run to the soccer field to hide under the bleachers.

Why does this always happen to me?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY GUYS! PLEASE LISTEN TO SONG ON SIDE! IT'S ABOUT BULLYING!

THANKS FOR READING! PLEASE VOTE AND FAN! PLEASE ALSO COMMENT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK!

-Someblondesaresmart <3 <3