Chapter One

[   WRONG ROOM   ]

Staring at the mirror, she watched the stranger before her wearing thick layers of makeup, glamoured with fancy and not to mention way too expensive pieces of jewelry. An almost audible sigh escaped her red lips, the party hasn't started and she can feel exhaustion dawning to her like she didn't spend yesterday sleeping on their huge bed. However just thinking about how she needed to spend a couple of hours putting on a fake smile, talking to people whom you don't even find interesting even for a single bit. Just thinking about how she would need to deal with wearing 6 inches heels and an uncomfortable red gown that if she was more honest she wanted to tear away from her body.

"Who are you?" She asked at the girl staring back at her. She hated that red lipstick on, those heavy false eyelashes, the jewelry around her neck and dangling from her ear. Then, there was her hair that was curled and hardened by a hairspray. She hated the pale skin that spills off her red tube gown that they paid for five million. What a waste of money, she grimly thought when her eyes landed on a piece of a blade at the top of their sink.

For solid three minutes, she just stared at the shiny object before grabbing it, taking a closer look. Her eyes focused on the sharp edges and without any second thoughts she slashed her neck as blood splattered at the mirror, covering her reflection. Her reflection that she could no longer recognize because of the makeup, the hair, the jewelry and the gown. A smile form on her lips.

"Baby." A voice dragged her back to reality as her eyes landed on the blade she was holding on her hand. Her eyes went back to their mirror and there she was again staring back at her. There was no blood, no slit on her neck. "Are you okay?" Sandara turned to Seunghyun who was standing by the door frame looking at her, questioning and worried. Sandara mustered a smile and a nod as she placed the blade back on the sink.

"I was just checking if I look okay before we go to the gala." She lied smoothly as she wrapped her arms around her husband who was wearing a five million suit. It does look good on him, it made him stood out more only again, it's too overpriced.

"Oh baby, even if you don't check it, I can swear to my life you will be the most beautiful girl there." Seunghyun grinned, kissing the top of her head making Sandara roll her eyes.

"You're obliged to say that because in case you forgot you married me." Sandara chuckled, walking her way out of the bathroom. She reached for her silver purse before proceeding out of the room.

"Honey, you don't need to remind me that I am married to you for two years, seven months, 2 weeks and 3 days." Sandara turned to look at her husband who just shrugged before her.

"What the hell, Seunghyun?" Sandara chuckled as the latter caught her hand and laced her fingers with her.

"What? I will always be proud that I married Korea's most beautiful face." There was an evident smug in his answer making the lady shake her head in disbelief. Somehow, every thought she had a while ago disappear at his adorableness.

They reached the parking area where Seunghyun opened the door of their Audi R8 for her. "Seunghyun, you don't need to tell me those things because I already married you, you smooth talker." Seunghyun just gave him a wink before closing the door and walking to the driver side. Sandara just shook her head at his silliness. For almost 5 years that they have been together, he had been the same. He acts like he was still trying to win her yes.

Upon closing the door, Seunghyun fastened her seatbelt before putting his on. "Are you ready?" No, that word hanged in her mouth not having the chance to voice it out instead she gave him a tight nod and a fake smile. Pulling herself together, she watched the view outside as they drove their way to one of the country's most expensive hotel where Lotus Gala will be held.