°Two

"Is that a baby?"

Ezra whispered in a stunned voice, blinking his daze eyes rapidly and looked at his friends, gauging their facial expression to see whether what he was seeing, is exactly what they were seeing, cause surely four people can not hallucinate about a baby at the same time.

He gasped in horror, seeing from their expressions that what he was seeing is real and not just a figment of his imagination playing tricks on him. Then he clamped a hand over his mouth, knowing they have fucked up big time.

Louis looked completely shaken at the scene in front of him then he turned his head to gawk at Zayn, who looked like his life was crumbling similar to a cookie in a child's palm. It took several seconds for Louis to take a slow deep breath, to try and calm his pounding heart. Even longer before he was able to utter a sentence.

"You kidnapped a baby?"

Zayn's brow furrowed, looking at Louis in utter disbelief. "No, I didn't, why would I kidnap a baby?"

"Then how come there's a baby in the backseat of the car?" Louis whispered yelled.

"How the fuck should I know, I didn't know there was a baby in the car"

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Ezra blurted out the odd question in the midst of their argument, causing Zayn and Louis to glare at him with an exasperated look.

"How the fuck am I suppose to know!" Zayn said loudly and angrily, startling the baby, then the baby squirmed, scrunching its face and let out a small whimper.

The four of them froze and held their breaths in tense silence, staring at the baby and praying he or she doesn't wake up. The baby somehow soothes itself back to sleep then they let out a huge breath of relief and slowly backed away from the car, with Mary leaving the door slightly ajar.

"Shit" Zayn mumbled, running his fingers through his hair and began pacing back and forth, his chest heaving as he draws shaky breaths to calm himself.

"Calm down, just drop the baby off somewhere. Someone will find it and take it to the police station and the baby will be united with its family. Problem solved" Mary suggested.

"What?" Ezra mumbled opposingly. "That's so cruel, what if that someone is a serial killer or pedophilia?"

Mary sighed and shrugged her shoulders in defeat, seemly out of ideas then Zayn paused and ran a hand over his face.

"I told you this was a bad idea" Louis grumbled, frustration and anger clear in his voice. "You should have waited, and investigated the owner of the car before stealing it. But nooo, I have to have her and now we have a baby" He said the part with a sarcastic tone.

"Wait, you broke the rules?" Mary said with raised brows, staring at Zayn with an unbelievable expression. "The same rules you set up for the team safety!" She whispered yelled.

Zayn rubbed his forehead, feeling sensations like a thousand bubbles exploding in his head, his tense frame never relaxing. "Look, I know I fucked up but we......

"Hold on Malik" Louis held his hand up. "You're on your own, there's no we in this situation. You broke the rules, so you fix your own damn mess"

Ezra stood behind Louis, nodding his head along in agreement.

Zayn's eyes widened at Louis's words, but he was even more surprised at Ezra, since he was the one who backed him to steal the car in the first place. Louis walked past him with Ezra following behind.

Mary sighed, folding her arms on her chest and staring at him. "Next time, follow your own damn rules" She said, following in suit.

Suppressing the urge to scream wasn't easy, but Zayn managed it and kick the gravel on the ground with frustrated rage. So much for them being a team. He thought bitterly and walked towards the car, resting his head on the passenger door, taking deep breaths while racking his brain for a solution to the problem.