Various x Child!Reader - France

"...France."

    Britain stared at you for a moment, dumbfounded. "France?" he repeated with disgust. "Why in the world would you choose France? Surely you'd be happier with another country?"

    "Nope. I want France."

    "But France is a bloody pervert and rapist! He'd probably take advantage of your weaker body and molest you!"

    "Britain, pal," Romania said gently, setting one hand on the tense Brit. "I'm sure she wouldn't choose France if she felt he'd endanger her. Just calm down, alright? I'll give him a call."

    You were glad Romania stepped in, because if Britain and gone any further you may have just chosen another country. Although you tried to stay open minded about all the countries and tried not let their stereotypes and racism thrown at each other sway your thoughts and beliefs about them all, but being reverted to a young child was messing with your mind, and it was a bit harder to think logically--though if you focused hard you could--and it was much easier to change your thoughts by the opinions of others only.

    "Hey, France? This is Romania. I have a question . . . would you like to babysit a kiddified (Name)? Yes, I mean kiddified. She got turned six by a potion Britain and I were working on." Romanian paused for a moment. "Oh you will? Great! Can you be here in--."

    "Don't let him come over! We'll send (Name) to him!" interrupted Britain, shouting.

    "Er, never mind. We're sending her to you, apparently. Thanks again. We'll call you when we get the cure, and please tell us if anything happens."

    As Romania hung up, Britain went to the portal mumbling about ugly frogs, and typed in the address for France. Soon the portal machine was up and running, and Romania gently ushered you forwards. Nervous, you tried to push back against him, but were eventually standing right in front of the scary thing.

    "Do I have to go in there?" you whimpered. A hand found its way into yours, and you looked up fearfully into the red eyes of Romania.

     "Yes, you must," he said gently. "But don't worry, you'll be safe. France is waiting for you on the other side and will give you a great big hug."

    "The hug is probably just a cover to feel her up," mumbled Britain. He gasped in pain when Romania jabbed him in the ribs with an elbow. Grumbling in pain and anger, he backed away, rubbing his minor injury.

    Ever so slowly, you slipped into the portal. The last thing you heard was "stay still for five seconds," before there was nothing. You fidgeted for the whole five seconds before racing forwards, desperate to escape.

    "(Name)!" called a French accent. "Oh, mon petite chérie! Look at you, so small and adorable!"

    You were scooped up into a pair of strong arms and swung around in a circle while entrapped in a warm hug that made you feel safe and loved. You snuggled your face into the chest of whomever was holding you, evoking a small chuckle from within it that reverberated.

    "So it is true, you've been turned into a kid!" France kissed your head, and you looked up into his smiling face. "Oh, I've always wanted to raise kid. A real one, not just a country; one that will age and will have a significant impact on the world--hopefully for the better--and I guess babysitting you will have to do for now!"

    "France?" you asked softly.

    "Oui, ma chérie?"

    "Is what Britain said about you true?" You almost regretted asking that, as the Frenchman's happy face fell, and he was obviously struggling to keep his smile still on his face.