Romania x Reader: My Babysitter's a Vampire!

The most embarrassing thing that could happen to a twelve year old is happening to you.

    What could this be? Why being babysat. At the age of twelve. TWELVE. You were practically a teenager, which is basically an adult but with less freedom! You shouldn't need a babysitter. And yet here you were, stuck with some stranger for the entire weekend!

    This just isn't fair! you mentally screamed. I don't want to be watched by some sixteen year old girl with ten pounds of make up who will send me off to bed at eight-thirty just so she can have her boyfriend over to make out with him!

    You glared up at the ceiling, ignoring your parents' rushing around outside your room to finish packing. It was Friday evening, and the babysitter would be here soon.

    Speak of the devil, you thought furiously as the doorbell sounded. You got up to shut your bedroom door as your mother rushed to the front of the house to let in the sitter.

    "This is going to be a nightmare," you groaned, laying face-first on your bed. You had to get up, though, when your father called for you to come and meet who was going to be your worst enemy for the weekend.

    Stomping down the hall, you made a big show of how unhappy you were for this to be happening by crossing your arms and taking up a disgusted scowl once you reached your destination.

    Your eyes widened in shock though, as before you entered the room you could see the person who was to babysit you. Hidden behind the wall in the hallway, you peeked at your parents and the stranger.

    "She's normally a very good kid and we wouldn't have to hire a babysitter, especially for her age," your mother was saying, "but she did something... Rather inexcusable, and so as punishment she gets no cellphone, the computer is only for schoolwork or drawing. Being babysat instead of staying at a friend's is also part of the punishment."

    "Alright," replied the stranger in an odd accent, her voice sounding a bit... Masculine? All you could see of her was her back. "I shall take good care of your daughter, so don't worry. I hope you two enjoy your weekend away!"

    "Thanks, Vladimir," your father replied. Then he shouted, "(Name), hurry up! We're about to leave."

    Wait, Vladimir? you thought as you stepped out from behind the wall and through the doorway into the room. Isn't that a guy's name?

    "Ah, there you are," your mom said. She came up to you and hugged you tightly. She went to kiss your head, but stopped herself as she remembered your dislike for kisses.

    Next your father bent down to hug you and pat you on the back.

    As they left, you slowly turned around to face your newfound enemy.

    "Bună," the stranger said, smiling gently. "I am Vladimir. I will be babysitting you this weekend. You are (Name), correct?"

    Your eyes widened as you took in this man. He was dressed strangely, wearing a thick red coat with white on the large collar and dark brown combat boots. On his hands were black gloves, and atop his head sat a small red hat with one blue and one yellow ribbon tied around it and dangling off the side.

    But what disturbed you most of all were his eyes. They were red. Only monsters, like vampires and ghouls, had red eyes.

    "You can talk, right?" Vladimir asked gently, slowly kneeling to one knee so as to be at your height and less intimidating.

    You nodded slowly, taking a step back from the man.

    "Something the matter?"

    "I've never heard of a male babysitter before," you replied in a small voice.