Chapter 5: Your So-Called "Date"

Start from the beginning

"No," you shook your head.

"Why?"

"I'm afraid...of heights," you admitted, hiding behind your huge mountain of plushes.

"Come on, don't worry, I'll be right next to you," he said, giving you a slight smile.

"Fine," you gave in to his charming face. Dipper and you walked into a compartment in the ferris wheel. You hugged your plush toys tightly as you sat down, trying not to look out. What made it even more terrifying was the fact that the ferris wheel was made of clear glass, the outside, inside, seats, they were all transparent.

You hid your face in the penguin, vowing not to look up for the entire ride. You felt Dipper sit down next to you, you could feel him trying not to laugh at you.

The ferris wheel started to move and you could feel yourself getting higher, you start to get lightheaded, gripping the toys as hard as ever to comfort yourself.

<Dipper's POV>
I looked at (Y/N), biting my lip to hold back laughter. When was a girl this scared of heights?

I have always enjoyed toying with my fans, pretending that I actually like them. This wasn't one of those times, I wasn't pretending, I was acting on instinct. Which was weird...

The ferris wheel is amazing, I could see through the ground and the seat, the almost entirety of Reverse Falls could be seen from here. The view was amazing.

"(Y/N), you should look up, it is amazing, I promise," I said without much thought. I just felt like a girl like her shouldn't be missing out on this kind of thing, something almost as mesmerising as her.

Look at that, are you falling for her?

Damn it, there I go again, something is messing me up. Maybe it is the God of Today again, no wait, it cannot be the same god. The God of Today for yesterday should be the God of Yesterday so there is someone new messing up my system that goes with the same name as the person that messed me up yesterday. That makes sense, doesn't it? No, it doesn't.

I realised (Y/N) still has her face in the penguin I won her. I sighed and placed my hand on her head, stroking her hair.

"Come on, it really is worth seeing," I urged.

"Nope."

That backfired.

"I'll show you some magic," I added. So far, that was the only trick I know that I can actually use on girls, my face usually just does all the extra work.

I saw her calm down a bit, it warmed my chest a little. Man, what the hell is happening to me?

[Your POV]
Hearing those words, you looked up a little, trying not look at your surroundings.

"There you go, not that bad huh?" he asked, you looked around cautiously. The view through the transparent walls was absolutely stunning. You never knew Reverse Falls could be so amazing in the dark, illuminated by coloured lights.

You returned your gaze to Dipper, looking at him expectantly, asking for his end of the deal to be fulfilled.

"K, look carefully," he placed his hand out. You stared at it intently. A blue glow started to show and it grew into a ball of flames, floating in between his hands.

It illuminated the cabin, bathing the place in a cool blue glow.

"How did you do that?" you marveled at the spinning ball of fire in his hands. He smiled at your amusement, showing more emotion than he did since the time you met him.

"I'll tell you, if you can keep a secret," he muttered, snapping his fingers. The ball of fire disappeared, replaced by a ring with a blue moonstone on it.

You smiled, your heart begin to flutter wildly like it was losing control of the speed of blood flow through your body. You felt queasy, not the bad kind but the enjoyable type of queasy.

Dipper took your right hand and slipped the ring onto your ring finger.

"A pretty ring for a pretty girl," he smiled mischievously. It was cheesy but you can't help but blush at that statement.

Dipper is so kind, he was like the guy of every girl's dream. You couldn't understand why Pacifica, Gideon or that guy told you to stay away. There was no downside to this charming boy in front of you.

You cuddled up next to him, resting your head on his chest. Sure You could have sworn he tensed up slightly but it must be just your imagination. Warmth bubbled inside you, the feeling was even better than cuddling with the world's best teddy bear.

You smiled to yourself, maybe this was how it felt like to meet the one. You felt like you are starring in a love story, your life perfect once you found him.

The ferris wheel ride ended and you reluctantly got up, picked up your plush toys and exited the cabin, Dipper behind you. You were holding hands with him now, blushing madly.

You two continued walking around the carnival, Dipper kept his head down most of the time to remain inconspicuous. You didn't care, happily dragging him around the carnival.

"I want to go see the petting zoo!!" you said when you saw the small petting zoo. It was filled with adorable kittens and puppies.

"Ok, I'll stay here and wait," Dipper nodded. You went to the petting zoo and cuddled with cute kittens that were meowing loudly like each of them was trying to get your attention.

After a while, you decided to return to Dipper's side, you got up and turned around. Dipper was right where you left him, but he was talking to another girl. Not just any girl, it was Candy...

You walked up closer, getting the attention of both of Candy. She made eye contact with you and quickly looked away.

"Dipper, I know you feel sorry for those fangirls that chase you endlessly, but you should stop," Candy said to Dipper, making it loud enough for you to hear.

"What are you talking about?"

"As a girl, I want to tell you that our feelings are very fragile, you cannot toy with us. As your girlfriend, I am not happy that you are seeing other girls," she continued, obviously making sure you could hear every word. You stared at them in shock, Candy was Dipper's girlfriend? He didn't feel anything for me?

"Like I said,"

He didn't have a chance to finish, Candy went up and pressed her lips to his, wrapping her hands around his neck. Dipper didn't push back.

You felt a number of emotions, shock, anger, disappointment. You couldn't believe you let that guy toy with your feelings, and actually succeed. You thought you had a connection with Dipper. For once, you felt truly happy. Now, your happiness was just dumped into the garbage by both of them.

The image of them begin to blur up, your tears covering your vision. You dropped the plush toys you had onto the ground and ran away in the other direction. You heard Dipper calling for you but you ignored it and continued running. Nothing anyone says is going to make you trust anybody now...