9

CAMILA'S P.O.V

I decide to leave my house at 4:30 so I can get there with plenty of time to spear. 

As I pull to the pub my heart it beating like crazy. I don't know what she's going to say or do. But I know she will not want whatever this was to continue. And I just have to accept that. I mean. It's not like we were serious or anything. 

I walk into the pub and sit at a corner table taking in my surroundings. There were more people today. I see a man and woman sitting in the same spaces as me and Lauren. Laughing. They looked happy. Everyone does. Except me. I've got a face like a 7-year-old who just dropped their ice cream.

"Hi" I hear from next to me. 

"Oh hi" It's the manager, from the other day. I think her name was Cara. 

"You ok beautiful? Monday blues?" She asks folding her arms. This woman is actually so pretty. Model pretty. 

"Something like that" I say with a small smile.

"It gets better. Everything does. Just give it time" She says reaching for my hand giving it a small squeeze. 

"Thank you Cara" I say as she retracts her hand walking away. 

I hear the door open again and I look up to see Lauren entering the pub. Fuck. Fuck. My heart feels like It's going to fall out of my ass.

"Hi" She says sitting across from me at the table. 

"H-hey" I say looking down. 

"Right, this" She says pointing between both of us "Stops. And it never happened. None of it happened. Delete the texts. The photos. And my number. If this ever got out I could go to prison" 

Although it was only a kiss, it was the warmest make out I've ever had. I felt alive. Like there was a spark pulsing through my veins. And I'm craving more. So much more. But I can't. Lauren's just made that utterly unbelievably clear.

"I understand" I say looking down. 

"Camila listen" She starts. My name just sounds so natural coming out of her mouth. Would sound so much better with her moaning it thoug- I need to stop. "If the circumstances where different, maybe this could have gone somewhere or lead to something else. But it can't. Not when I'm teaching you. It's illegal. Please don't be mad or upset with me. Think of it in my perspective. I've worked for this career my whole life. I can't lose it now" She says with a sad smile

"I get it. I do. I'm sorry I even put your career in danger. I never thought you was a teacher. I'm sorry Lauren" I say looking into her eyes. Once I say her name her eyes avoid mine. Like she couldn't bear to hear me say her name.

"I'm sorry too" She says still avoiding my eyes. 

"Well. I'll see you at school tomorrow Miss Jauregui" I say quickly standing up. I can feel the tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. I don't know why I was so attached to her already. Maybe because she was something different, I've always had girls after me. But not one I met in a pub. And I have never felt anything as good as what I felt when I was kissing her, like the world beyond the kiss didn't exist. I've kissed plenty of people. But she was something new. It was something new. But it was something I could never have again.

I walk out of the bar and immediately go to my car. And sit in the driver's seat for a couple of minuet's. Trying to fight back the tears that where piling up in my eyes. Slowly spilling out. 

That's when a knock on my window makes me jump and bring me from my staring contest with my steering wheel. I look and see Lauren looking at me with big eyes. Oh god her eyes. They were unreal. Like emeralds.

I roll down my window to receive a small smile from Lauren. "Pretty girls shouldn't cry" She says with a smile. Fuck this. Fuck you. Fuck me. Please.

"Don't" I say in a harsh tone. 

"Telling the truth. But listen. Please. You could have any girl you wanted Camila. Any person at all. Just not me. I'm sorry" and after that she simply walked away and got in her car. She can't just call me pretty then go away like that.

I bet she doesn't call any of her other students pretty. 

My mind was consumed with thoughts of the teacher my whole way home.

Once I got home I went about my usual business, whilst trying not to cry. And fell asleep early. I was shattered. First day back at school always is. And plus, everything with Lauren had drained me physically and emotionally.