Chapter 39

(Luke)

"Come on, Wollman Rink isnt that far of a walk.it'll be fun" i say, getting a great idea. of course i know they have never been ice skating before but its so much fun and i know they will enjoy it.

"ok then but if i fall it's your fault" Michael points at me making me roll my eyes.

"come on" i lead them through the park to the skating area and sigh in relief when there arent that many people there.

"Hi, how many and what size?" a kid about 16 asks when i walk up to the rental table.

"4 and uh.. guys?" i ask, having no idea what their shoe sizes are.

"what are your shoe sizes?" i ask and they each raddled off their size. i hope the kid got all that.

"so four tickets will be $20 and here are your skates. he places the four pairs on the table in front of him as i hand him the money.

"thank you" i smile at him and grab my skates, leading the others to the benches outside the rink.

"how do we tie these?" Ashton asks looking confusedly at the skates on his feat.

"you guys put them on and i'll tie them." I laugh, standing up after i finish tying my own and walking over to Ashton, kneeling in front of him and tieing them for him.

"so same as a shoe?" he asks. i nod.

"kind of. depends on the skate." i repeat the action with both Cal and Michael and help them all to stand.

"ok so first thing to remember is, keep your knees bent that will make you fall less. um nothing else really, just hold on to the side i guess." i shrug not really knowing what else to tell them.

"oh and take the orange skate guards off before you go on." i say, taking mine off when i get to the carpet in front of the door, then step on the ice. i watch as the others do the same but almost fall as soon as their skates touch the ice. i laugh and skate over to them, doing my best to steady each of them.

"hold on to the side" i laugh.

"why was this a good idea?" Michael whines.

"not really like horseback riding is it?" i laugh at him. he flips me off.

"come on, " i grab his hands and skate backwards pulling him with me.

"just jeep your knees bent and your feet facing forwards." i instruct.

"i kind of like this actually, you doing all the work" he smirks.

"oh well then go ahead, by all means, go by yourself" i laugh letting go of his hands and watching as he flails before falling.

"ur a bitch Luke!" Michael whines. i laugh, holding my hand out to pull him up.

"watch me." i say. pointing to my feet.

"push off with one, and then the other" i say, demonstrating. he nods and does his best to do the same. he' shake but thats expected.

"good. so just hold my hand so you wont fall till you get the hang of it." i say, grabbing his hand as we skate around the rink.

"Luke get over here! thats not fare we've never done this before either!" Ashton shouts from their spot still by the door, clinging to the side.

"come on," i laugh skating us back over to the other two and laugh at them trying to keep each other up.

"are you guys from Australia?" a girls voice comes from behind us. we all look up and nod, noticing three girls standing there.

"well that explains a lot" one of them says, the one with black hair and black eyeliner.