Chapter 21

READER'S POV

Dark Link and I were sitting on the grass and I was still comforting him as he manages to stop crying after a while. Dark Link had his head on my lap while I petted his hair as he manages to calm down. I moved bits of his hair out of his face and I said to him.

"How are you now? have you calmed down?"

"Yeah..."

Dark Link said as I wiped away another one of his tears. Dark Link looked away from me and he said to me.

"Oh man...I feel pathetic right now...crying my eyes out like this..."

"Hey it's all right, you're not pathetic, you've just bottled up those feelings for the last four years and you've finally let them out, maybe that's a good thing."

Dark Link looked at me and then he sat up. Dark Link smiled at me a little and he said to me.

"In some ways, I think you're right...but still..."

Dark Link looked at the gravestones again and I did the same as he continued.

"A part of me doesn't want to forget about that fateful night."

"Don't worry, that just means that you still miss them and that's normal."

Dark Link then realised something and then he asked me.

"That reminds me when you were talking about your past, you never once mentioned about your mother."

I looked away from him sadly and I then spoke up.

"My mother died of an epidemic disease when I was very young so I hardly remember what she was like when she was alive, to be honest, I can barely remember her face."

Dark Link was surprised when I told him and I then said to him.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up now."

"It's all right, it's like I said, I hardly remember what she looked like or what she was like so I don't mind at all."

Dark Link sighed a little and he then said to me.

"How is it you can keep your head held high after what you've been through especially with me hurting you with that collar on your neck?"

"My dad always told me no matter what happens in this life, you always have to keep your head held high and not be afraid of anything especially when things get tough."

"Which one are you talking about? your adoptive father or your birth father?"

"Adoptive, it's weird though when I met James, he always gave me the same encouragement like my birth father, it's almost as if my birth father was reincarnated."

"You really believe in that carp?"

"Maybe..."

I said with a smirk. Dark Link shook his head and he chuckled a little. I then spoke up.

"Hehe, there we go, that would put a smile on your face."

"Huh?"

"Since I've been here, you've always been a misery guts and not once have I seen you smile, it actually suits you."

Dark Link blushed a little and he looked away from me so that I didn't see his face. I giggled a little and he said to me.

"What's so funny?!"

"Nothing! nothing at all!"

I said while trying to hold back my laughs. Dark Link shook his head and then he stood up from the ground.

"Well, that's enough of that, I've still got some work that needs to be done and a lot of things for you to do as well."

"*Sighs* so it's back to this huh? oh man, here I was hoping you've changed after that."

Dark Link chuckled and he then looked at me and he said to me.

"Relax, I'm not going to be harsh with you like I did a few times before but, remember this..."

Dark Link helped me to my feet and he then said to me.

"As long as I'm your master, you do everything I tell you and you might get reward afterwards, however, if you misbehave or try to do anything to get on my bad side there will consequences."

I smiled at him and I nodded my head and I said to him.

"Understood."

"Good."

3RD PERSON POV

(Y/n) walked ahead of Dark Link, but, before Dark Link could take a step forward someone gave him an encouraging push and then he stumbled a little. Dark Link was surprised at first and then two said to him in his head.

"She's your fresh start Dark Link...go after her.

"She's perfect for you daddy!"

Dark Link looked over his shoulder and he saw Serana and a four-year-old Rachel in her arms. They both smiled at him before they disappeared for good. Dark Link looked at (Y/n) as she was walking away and he then smiled a little.

'Thank you, Serana, Rachel...I love you both so much...rest peace.'

Dark Link thought to himself before he caught up to her.

In the shadows, Leila was watching the two of them and she smirked evilly.

"Well, well, so he's finally found someone he loves and cares for and who would have thought that this new woman is none other than my sister...*chuckles* I wonder how long this relationship will last this time?"

Leila played with her dagger and she grinned sadistically and she mumbled.

"If this doesn't work out for him, well, I'll just have to kill her myself, should that time finally come *evil chuckle*"

Leila chuckled evilly before disappearing into the shadows. Once she got back to Ganon's castle, she informed him about Dark Link and her sister being together. Ganon chuckled and he then said to her.

"You're joking right?"

"I'm not joking my lord, I've seen them together with my own two eyes, it's just like four years ago when that Serana fell in love and fell pregnant, you don't want that to happen again do you?"

Ganon frowned and he growled angrily.

"No I do not, Dark Link is one of my strongest fighters."

"Ahem."

Leila cleared her throat and then Ganon said to her.

"I mean, my second strongest fighters."

"Thank you."

"My point is, we can't let him fall in love like last time, falling in love is for the weak."

"I strongly agree but, let's not forget he still remembers your warnings so there's no way he'll fall in love again even if his friends are trying to encourage him and my sister isn't stupid enough to fall for someone like him since he's the one who killed her adoptive father."

Ganon nodded his head agreement with Leila's comments. He then looked at her and he said to her.

"Leila, we need to keep a very sharp eye on those two."

"I know, don't worry my lord, if things do get out of hand you let me handle my sister, after all, she is my sworn enemy and she can't do anything not as long as I have this."

Leila said as she showed off her mark on the back of her right hand. Ganon chuckled evilly and he then said to her.

"Good, I always knew I could count on you, my loyal assassin."

Leila bowed to him and she said to him.

"It's always a pleasure to serve you, my lord, even that means I can help you bring destruction and chaos into this world."

TO BE CONTINUED...