Chapter 22

READER'S POV

Dreamworld...

"Wake up...."

A calm soothing voice said to me while I still had my eyes closed.

"Hmm... let me sleep a bit longer..."

I mumbled and then the voice said to me again.

"Wake up...(Y/n)..."

I opened my eyes and everything around me was in a golden colour for some reason and it felt really warm at the same time like a loving mother holding a child. I looked around and I spoke up.

"Where am I?"

"The time has come for you to awaken your true power..."

"My true...power? ...who are you and...where are you?!"

I shouted but no answer until everything around me turned black.

Dream ends...

I shot my eyes open after I sat up quickly. I was panting in exhaustion still shaken by that dream. I looked around and I was back in my room and it was daylight outside. I sighed in relief and I wiped the sweat from my forehead.

"That dream again...what does it mean?"

I mumbled to myself as I got out of bed. Suddenly, that burning on the back of my hand came back again and this time it was painful that it was before. I gripped my right wrist as the painful burn got worse. Once the burning feeling was gone, I looked at the back of my hand and I wondered why this was happening.

"First that weird dream and now this? what's going on with me?"

Before I started my work as Dark Link's personal servant again, I wanted Vaati or Zoey to check the back of my hand and I had hoped one of them would tell me why my hand was burning. Vaati was examining my hand and he could see a little redness where the burning I kept feeling was.

"How often do you feel this mysterious burning?"

"It just comes and goes without any reason, it started a couple of weeks ago, I thought it was nothing at first but, the pain is getting worse not to mention the back of my hand is turning a bit red."

"Hm, I can see that, well, unfortunately, I don't know what's going on but, just to be on the safe side, I'll put some ointment to stop the burning and I'll add a bandage on it too."

"Thanks, Vaati."

I said to him as he wrapped a bandage around my hand. Zoey was in the middle of cleaning Vaati's leech tank and she then looked at me.

"Word to the wise, (Y/n) if Dark Link tells you to clean out something as horrible as this, don't do it because this is a very disgusting business."

"Well, perhaps you will think twice about lying to me in the future."

I sweat dropped a little when he said this and I then asked Zoey.

"Zoey what did you do this time?"

"Uh...nothing for you to worry about."

Vaati sighed and he then said to me.

"If you must know, Zoey smashed one my potion bottles again and she tried to cover it up."

"Zoey!"

I shouted and she then said to me.

"Don't yell at me, I said I was sorry didn't I?!"