Chapter 17

READER'S POV

After Ghirahim and I put Dark Link to bed, we were heading back to the main hall until Zoey came over to us.

"Master Ghirahim, (Y/n), have you two seen Cleo? after you and Leila had your little spat, she suddenly disappeared and I've been trying to look for her."

"No sorry, we haven't seen her, we've been busy trying to the drunk Prince of Darkness to bed."

"Oh brother, I can't go back to the main hall without her, I told master Vaati that I'd be back with her since Katsumi is about to have a nervous breakdown."

I sweatdropped at her comment and then the head chef showed up and she shouted.

"All right! which one of you two stole it!"

"Whoa! hey! easy there, old hag, stole what?"

Ghirahim asked her and she then explained to us.

"One of my best cooking knives has gone missing, I went to make some more refreshments for our guests but, that was when I realised one of my knives has gone missing, I don't suppose you've seen it, (Y/n)."

"Hey! don't look at me! I know I said I wanted to kill Dark Link but, the last thing I want to do is to get a death sentence from that overgrown porkchop."

Zoey then realised something and she looked at me shocked.

"Oh no...(Y/n), I think I know where that knife has gone."

"Wait, what are you talking-"

That was when I realised what she meant.

"No, Cleo wouldn't."

"She might have or she has already done it! come on!"

Zoey and I ran to her room and then Ghirahim teleported next to us once we got to her door. Zoey tried opening it but it was locked.

"It's not opening! Cleo! open the door!!"

Zoey shouted as she banged her fist on the door. I shoved her out of the way and I said to her.

"Allow me!"

I kicked down the door and I shoved it open since her desk was in the way. However, when we finally got into her room it was too late... there was Cleo lying in her own pool of blood with a knife stabbed through her heart. I was in shock when I saw Cleo and then Zoey screamed in horror.

"Oh God Cleo!!"

I shouted as I ran over to Cleo and I shook her a little.

"Cleo! Cleo wake up!! open your eyes!!"

I tried to wake her up but it was no good, there was no pulse and she wasn't breathing. Zoey came over to me and she asked me.

"Is she...?"

I lowered my head and I said to Zoey.

"We're too late...Cleo is dead..."

Zoey gasped again and she fell to her knees and she started to cry.

"No! not Cleo! No...*cries*"

We heard the others coming and then Sakura shouted.

"What's going on, we heard Zoey screaming? *Gasp!!*

Sakura gasped in shock when she saw Cleo's body. Amy saw Cleo's body and then she covered her mouth not just in shock but she's about to throw up.

"*Gag* sorry, I'm gonna be sick!"

Amy ran off and then she vomited somewhere. Zoey continued to cry and then Sakura came over to us and she rubbed Zoey's back to try and comfort her.