Chapter 27

Auto- correct keeps changing Kace to Face. So if you see that... blame auto-correct lmao.

*Grant's POV*

* One Week Earlier*

I sit next to Kobe and Kace as they help me choose what to wear when or if I surprise James.

"That shirt looks really good on you!", Kobe says clapping his hands together.

"Yeah, Grant. It looks good on you... meaning it would look better on me.", Kace says smirking.

I throw my head back, "I don't even know that he'll show!"

Kace laughs, and gets off the bed, "Dude when you told me that you're basically in love with James, it has to be for real. Plus, he kissed you right? more than once. Stop being nervous."

I sigh and give him a nod. I mean I have no reason to be nervous right? I mean, it's just gonna be a dinner with James. At my house. When no one is home. And I'll probably end up taking my shirt off... I hope he takes his off. I hope he takes everythi-

"Grant you should try that shirt with those jeans", Kobe says pointing.

'Fine, fine fine. Last outfit though cause my legs are tired from going up and down so much."

"You mean... walking? Grant, I don't think that should hurt you so badly", Kace says trying to keep in his laughter.

"Shut it, loser. You know what I meant." I say rolling my eyes and putting on the clothes.

"It's going to be fiiineeee Grant. he's not even out of the hospital yet and you're sweating fucking watermelons, I need you to get it together.", Kobe says picking at his nails, " Plus, I'll be doing all the work before his party starts. All you have to do is show up."

"You don't even know when he's getting out. How are you going to plan that?",I ask raising an eyebrow.

"We asked his dad to let us know before so we can be there and surprise him. All we really have to do is get a lot of people together and throw in some snacks. I'll stop by here and put something together before heading over. It'll be fine I promise."

I look at him and sigh, "Fine Kobe. But if you bring Kace with you, I don't want ass on my bed sheets.... or any bed sheets in this house... or anywhere!", I turn away and cover my ears. 

"Stop being a baby Grant. You're gonna have our babies everywhere in this house and you know it.", Kace says looking down at Kobe and licking his lips.

"That's the most disgusting thing I think I've ever heard you say Kace.", I respond shaking my head.

God, I'm so nervous even waiting for the day to come. I can already feel him wrapped in my arms and smell his shampoo (which smells a lot like pineapples and clean shirts).

I sigh and look in the mirror, I actually do look kind of good. I smile, hoping he would think the same.

*One Week Later*

I sit on my back patio trying to catch my breath. it's been about 3 hours of me waiting here already. My leg shakes in anticipation and I'm trying my hardest not to sweat. I look around me and smile at the job Kobe did; it looks amazing. More like, "Let's get married and have kids" rather then... well that's exactly what I want.

I lay my head back on the chair and close my eyes; I really hope he comes. I don't think I could handle another heartbreak from this boy.

I grab a rose from beside me and twirl it in my fingers, "James, James, James... what am I going to do with you?"

"Well, you could get up and greet me".

I look up and a smile instantly spreads across my face, "You came."

"I mean yeah..", he scratches the back of his neck, "Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know... I just thought you wouldn't. I mean, James we've been playing this game for some time now and I think it needs to stop. I like you and you like me. Why can't we just be together?", I realize I'm blabbing and can feel my cheeks redden.

He walks up to me with a smirk on his face and places a steady hand on my shoulder, "Grant, I told you that you need to get over me".

"And I told you that's never gonna happen in a million years.", I respond grabbing his arm. He looks at me with wide eyes before I pull him down into. my lap and wrap my arms around him.

"I miss you James. Can- can you please just be mine already?", I can hear the desperation in my voice; I wonder if he can too.

"Grant, you're getting yourself into a lot of shit with me.", he says looking at me with a smile but I can see sadness written all over his face. Sadness that I will take care of.

"I'm going to take care of you James and everything that comes with you."

He looks around and smiles, "Thanks for doing this for me, it looks amazing. The lights everywhere, the roses and petals. The stars... it's a beautiful night."

"Just like you", I look up at him and he's still smiling at the scenery. God, I could kiss him right now.

"Then what's stopping you?", He looks down at me with a slight blush to his cheeks; I didn't even realize I said it out loud.

"Nothing. Nothing at all.", I reach up and grab the back of his head making our lips collide.

Our tongues are fighting for dominance and our hands are roaming each other's bodies.

"Grant... Grant, what about Kyle? You have a boy...friend", He says breathlessly breaking away from the kiss.

"I'll worry about that.", I say then run my tongue down his neck. He shivers and holds me closer.

"James, I want you to be mine and only mine.", I say roughly, hands still roaming his body.

"Yes Grant... I'm yours."

I flip us over so I'm on top and I kiss him.

I kiss him until he pulls away and walks into the house.

He's finally mine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update guys, I've been pretty busy these last couple of days.

But don't fret! I'm back!