Chapter 43

*Grant's POV*

I walked out of James' house feeling like I lost everything.

But who am I to just walk back into his life like nothing happened? I should hav known things weren't going to be as easy as it seemed last night...

God, I wish it was that easy.

But he has to figure out what he wants and I have to understand that.

I ring Kace's doorbell hoping he's home.

Damn, it's cold and I left my jacket at home last night.

I knock again, My knuckles are white from the cold.

"COMING!", I hear through the door.

He finally opens it up in nothing but a robe and I already know that Kobe is here. They're like fucking rabbits man.

"Hey Kace, can I stay at your place for a few days?", I say walking into the warmth of his home.

"I mean, yeah. But why?", he asks looking concerned.

"I'll tell you later, right now I need some advice."

"Well mate, you came to the right place!", he responds putting an arm around my shoulder.

"Kace, get off of him. You're my man, don't make me murder you", Kobe says coming around the corner. Kace quickly drops his arm and snickers.

"Now what do you need advice on?", Kobe says looking at me. Can I really confide in one of James' friends? They've become so close to me over the year and I don't see why not.

"I need advice on how to deal with this damn broken heart I have", I say sitting down in the living room.

"Awe, poor baby. Did James finally leave you?", Kobe says making me roll my eyes.

"I don't know Kobe!", I say clearly irritated. He throws his hands up in the air, "I was just kidding, calm your nerves".

"Grant, just let us know what happened."

So I do, I tell them everything leading from when Kace dropped me off home.

"WOW, Grant. I'm proud of you for coming out to your dad. He's a piece of shit and doesn't deserve a son like you.", Kace says.

"Thanks, but what should I do about James? I love him so much and I don't want to lose him."

"Let him be", Kobe says from across the couch making me look at him.

"What?"

"I said, let him be. If he wants to be with you, he will. If not, then you will have to deal with it. I know it's hard. But James isn't the type fo guy to just let you back in so easily. Plus, he's been hurt SO many times this year. Have you forgotten about Jonah?", he says making me flinch.

I put my hands on my head, "I really screwed up didn't I?"

"Yes, my kind sir, you did", Kobe says then hops off the couch, "I'm going to make some chicken wings. I'm starving".

"It's 10 in the morning baby.", Kace says looking at his boyfriend.

"You knew what you was getting yourself into when you got with me. Don't act like I'm not a food monster Kace.", with that, he's gone.

Kace rolls his eyes but I know it's nothing but love between the two.

"Grant, listen to me. you need to let James go for a while. Let him figure himself out first then maybe, MAYBE, he'll want to be with you again.", he says then pats my shoulder and follows his boyfriend into the kitchen.

I guess they're right. I need to let him go.

Even if it's just for a little while.

"OH SNAP! GET IT KACE GET IT! SHAKE THAT CHICKEN WING BOY!"

God, I don't know how I'm gonna make it in this house.