Chapter 26

*James POV*

After grabbing my chest and nearly dying, I walk fully into my home and straight into a group hug with all of my friends.

"Omg, James! I missed you so much. How have you ben and what the fuck have you been up to?!", Julia yells running up to me and throwing her arms around me.

I quickly grab her and pull her tot he side realizing that my dad was right there, " Shh, Julia my parent's don't know. I... I've been trying to find myself. that's it."

"That's it? So you've been trying to find yourself by getting hit by a fucking car? Or was you trying to kill yourself again James?", She crosses her arms in front of her and stares at me with an intense glare. 

I sigh and look away. I mean, I know I wasn't trying to get myself killed or try to commit suicide again. I'm just so triad to tell her the truth. I'm still afraid that no matter what I do, nothing good is ever gonna come my way.

I look back at Julia and stare, "I'm sorry Julia, I never meant for that to happen. I just can't escape bad things coming my way."

She sighs and opens her arms, "Come here you little piece of shit. I love you."

I walk into her arms and hug her close. God, I missed this feeling. I missed feeling like I belonged somewhere, like someone cares. 

I feel more arms surrounding me and I smile. They can never just let two people hug around them It always has to be group hug. 

"Hey James... I can feel your manhood on my hand". 

I laugh and pull out of the hug, "Shut up Kace. You don't know me like that to be touching my goodies."

"Yeah, he shouldn't be touching your goodies at all.", Kobe says from behind Kace. 

"Babe, you know the only goodies I want to touch are yours", he respond pulling Kobe into his arms. 

I pretend to be shocked, "What's going on here? Why do I not know about my best friend finding a boy friend who is now apart of the gang?"

They both laugh and I smile. They look so happy together. 

It reminded me how happy I am around Grant. 

"Hey Kace, where's Grant?", I ask trying to sound nonchalant. 

"I don't know man, I've been hooked to Kobe's hip all day. I haven't woke to him. I mean, he knew about the surprise party so I don't know why he isn't here.", he says shrugging his shoulders. 

"I think I know where he is!", Kobe says pulling me away. 

He walks to the back of the dining room where no one really is and pulls out a sheet of paper. 

"Grant told me everything James," He looks at me with a smirk and I quickly turn my head. 

"I don''t know what you're talking about... hey do you see that nice ass plant out there? Like, my mom really did a good job shopping at war-"

"James, shut up," he rolls his eyes, "You're not fooling anyone. Ever since I knew what happened, every time I look at either one of you, you guys were looking at each other. If that isn't a crush, I don't know what is."

"So... you know?", I ask giving more meaning to the question. 

"James, I know."

I sigh and lean down to hug him. One less person I have to tell. 

"Oh by the waaaay", he pulls out a paper form his pocket, " Grant told me to give you this ONLY if you asked about him."

I look at him skeptically and take the paper. It's folded into a sloppy square with the words 'Open Me' scrawled in a really ugly orange marker. (The hand-writing was pretty bad too).

I smile, " Thanks Kobe, for everything. You're the best". 

He nods his head with a smile and I walk away. 

"I want your ass on my bed in 56 minutes James! not a minute later!", he screams after me making everyone look in my direction. I shake my head and throw a middle finger over my shoulder. Little prick. 

I walk upstairs to my room and flop down on my bed. God, this feels great... again. 

I've been in the hospital way too many times already. 

I remember the letter in my hand and quickly sit up unfolding the note. 

I smile at the sloppy handwriting that matched the front.

James, 

     If you're reading this the that means that you asked for me at your party. I glad Kobe could do something right. Anyways, I miss you. I miss you so much because right now, you're still in the hospital right now and I can't stand being away from you. You're so beautiful when you're asleep. Not that I stare at you or anything, I just happened ti be there while you were asleep. Okay, maybe I stared a little. I hope that you can understand my feelings for you. I don't want to confuse you anymore than I have. I don't even know if you're gay. maybe trying ti out or something? I hope not. I hope that you reaaaaally liked kissing me and want to do it again. possibly sometime soon? okay like, really soon cause I like you a lot. I can't get you out of my head James. And I came tot he conclusion the I don't want to. I want you and only you James. 

btw, if you're reading this then that means that Kobe let me know that your party is whatever day it is and I prepared something for you. I don't know if I'll still be there when you show up but I'll wait for hours. 

Come to my house and meet me in the backyard. No one is home except me. 

I read the last line over and over making sure I rad it correctly; a huge grin on my face. 

I jump out of my bed and grab the keys to my dad's car and run out the door. 

Shit. I don't even know where he lives!

I run back inside and find Kace, grabbing him by the shoulders, "Where does Grant live?"

"Like, three blocks north. Why?"

I don't respond and run out of the house and into the car. 

I don't pull off right away. I sit there and hold my breath for thirty seconds. 

I exhale and repeat; I can do this. 

I pull out of the driveway and head straight to Grant's house. 

Nothing is going to stop me from loving this boy. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, please excuse my typos or anything else wrong. I wrote this at 5 in the morning without any sleep. Yes, I have no life.