Chapter Eighty-Two

Start from the beginning

“I fucked your girlfriend,” he stands, “there, I said it.” I don’t know what to say.

“You cheated on Perrie?” Liam shouts.

“No, of course not,” Zayn says, “this was way before Perrie. I’d never do that to her, she’s to valuable. But anyway, before you start doubting me, yes we had sex. We dated too, last year, I didn’t tell anyone about it. It was almost a secret relationship until I found out she had a boyfriend after me. I didn’t mind it so we kind of just screwed around in secret.”

“So what are you saying?” I say, “you think she’s cheating on me?”

“I’m not saying that,” he defends himself, “All I’m saying is that she’s no good. I tried telling you but you seemed so into her. It was a year ago, I don’t think she’s like that anymore. It seems like she likes you a lot, which is why I didn’t bother with telling you the truth.”

“Well why didn’t you just tell me?” I ask him.

“I gave you hints but you didn’t take them, and we all told you not to date her but you didn’t listen. We didn’t want to argue with you mate,” he says truthfully.

I understand that and now I realize that I was being an idiot for not believing my friends and family. I went after someone who I barely knew, and I should have gotten to know her, the real her. I’m so stuck in the middle now. I don’t know whether to stay with Chloe and see how it goes, but now I am a bit suspicious.

“Thanks for telling me,” I tell Zayn. I grab my things and head out of the school and to the parking lot. I notice someone standing by the car. As I walk in closer, I notice it’s Chloe.

“Hey,” she smiles. Her car is parked next to mine.

“Hi,” I say without a smile. I stand in front of her and there’s no glow in her eyes. There’s no sparkle, and just no life in them, “where have you been?”

“Paris,” she laughs while she says it, “I told you didn’t I?”

“No, I meant even while you were there, why didn’t you ever text me back? As if there is no phone signal in Paris,” I confront her.

“Harry, I was very busy,” she says, “I went shopping for prom and your sisters wedding. You invited me, remember?”

“Why didn’t you tell me you dated Zayn,” I question without giving a thought to it first. She looks taken back and unsure if she wants to even answer the question.

“It was a long time ago,” she finally says, “I didn’t think it mattered. I mean, you didn’t tell me you kissed Olivia, I had to find out by a stupid note lodged in my locker.”

“Speaking of notes,” I bring up, “Edward said I was supposed to have a note in my locker as well, did you take it?”

“No,” she swiftly answers, “as soon as I got my letter I immediately went to confront you about it.”