Chapter 2

Marley had heard of Filmco Enterprise it was the only theater in town that had extravagant opra nights. It also had those lounge chairs in the dark movie rooms. They had plays on some nights and other nights were dancing. It was a mad house for entertainment. Marley had seen a movie once in her life. That was because it was merely a quarter and she had found it on the street.

To own and be vice for a filming entertainment company is very big. Especially for someone so young. Marley clung to her mother while Klaus delt with the contract with Mr. Bosh. Mr. Bosh, a fat money hungry bastard who doesn't give two cents about the HELP Foundation he started. He crams families into one big room with a small number of beds. Feeds them soups twice a day and leaves them with that. With all the money he makes from bidding he could at least HELP his own Foundation. It is nothing like the way his foundation looks on the ads.

Klaus turned facing the women with his green eyes looking from Marley to her mother.

"Well it's settled you have a home with me." Klaus lead them out to his car. "You can both sit in the back seat if your more comfortable."

Carrie Ann spoke for them both, "We do appreciate your kindness. What will you have us doing?"

"You are our guest." He said.

Carrie Ann and Marley both had there share of stories. They had only lived in one other house and that man was a drunk. He repeatedly forced himself onto Carrie Ann. Marley didn't know how much she could trust this younger man. Maybe this time it would be her being forced on. She shuttered at the mere thought and kept her eyes on her hands.

****

Carrie Ann noticed Klaus's stares at her daughter. From when they were on their way to the HELP Auction and during the auction. But his gaze was not like the other disgusting vultures in the room. The way he looked at all of the families in the room proved he was not interested in any form of harming.

"Klaus, do you work in the entertainment field?"

"It's more of a hobby for me. I play the piano on instrumental night." He looks up into the mirror focusing on Carrie. "But that's not what you were asking." He chuckled, "I work there yes giving off ideas to keep the youth's attention. You know what they say the youth is where the money is."

"Is that really what they say?" Marley spit. For the first time speaking. Her tone was meant to be harsh but came off as a hoarse whisper. She hadn't used her voice in a while so her attempts at showing her displeasure failed.

Klaus looked up into the mirror, "Oh. Well I'm not sure, I might have made that up."

Carrie Ann knew those would be the last words Marley would be saying for the day. It hurt Carrie to see her shelled child and this open young man. Marley was suppose to be this way. She was still young.

The house came up into view. An enormous home. The driveway was bigger then the two women's shelter. His white painted house and black shudders. The black decorative gates shut behind the car's entrance. Carrie Ann and Marley's mouth had drawn agape. Even the house they stayed in last wasn't this beautiful.

Klaus walked the two inside to see the inside of the home. Dark wooden floors. High ceilings and dark wooden fans. The walls were freshly painted white and the immense sized windows were letting in so much of the daylight. The home was airy and open. Carrie Ann didn't have to hold her breath. She held up excitement reaching for her daughter's hand.

Klaus cleared his throat, "We have a cook and a doctor here. I will show you to your side of the home if you'd like."

Carrie Ann smiled, "Please." All she could think of was to feel the comforts of a cushioned royal bed. He went up the spiraled stairway and the two women followed in silence.

"My mother is into ancient artwork are you?" He was asking Carrie Ann but she hadn't ever taken time to admire true artwork this beautiful. She'd seen child's work. But that was all.

"I don't know. Maybe I could."

"I would be happy to help you figure that out. Art is a story for the eyes." To the right wing of the home Klaus showed them to the bedroom. "I'm assuming you would like to share?"

Marley again spoke, "Yes."

The same time Carrie Ann spoke, "No."

They exchanged looks and Carrie Ann came up with a compromise. "We will share the room for a while only."

Klaus through up his hands, "Of course just let me know. The bathroom is on the right and the closet is on the left. I will leave you to get comfortable."

Klaus had never had anyone other than his insane father under these roofs. To have a woman this beautiful is a mood raiser. He'd been encaged in this building only to commute with his employees. He just wished that maybe they-she would open up.