Chapter 18

He rubbed down the bareness of her skin and she buried herself deeper into him. Shielding herself from him. She had felt the pain but behind it was a joy she couldn't comprehend. But that wasn't why she was smiling not because she had given up her virginity. No, but because she had given it up by her own choice. And to him, she felt deep feelings for him she couldn't deny. She held on tighter as he smelled of hope, comfort, and home.

Klaus had forgotten the joys of sex. He had forgotten what that felt like but this time for him it felt different. The way he managed to ease her fears and do as she wanted. He feared hurting her but he knew that was one of the things about the first time. Regardless, it would be sore. But he couldn't deny how good it felt. It felt good and it felt different. His feelings for Marley were deep, he felt he had practically told her loved her in the hall. And suddenly he was inspired.

"Put this robe on." He handed her his robe as he put on the other. He sat at his piano and patted the seat beside him. "Join me."

He began to play, tapping at the keys as the sound began to flow from it. The sound extremely unique the story of Marley he would call it. She smiled listening to it, the sound so beautiful to her ears.

Then she said, "I want to stay here forever. I want to stay here forever with you and Maura and-"

Her sentence was cut short when she seen the sadness dawn on Klaus' features even in the dark.

"What's wrong?"

He removed his fingers from the piano dropping them onto his lap. He looked at her the curiosity etched in her pale face. Her red swollen lips were distracting and he wished he could use the distraction but that would only prolong the inevitable. Because she would have to leave. She would have to leave him.

"Marley, I can't keep helping you." He said trying quickly to recover after her sharp intake. He added, "At least not now but I promise I will--" but she was gone. She was running and as he called for her she did not return. Nor did she slow down. He wanted to have clothes on before following after her. When he finally got downstairs the home was empty. She was gone.

*****

Klaus was worried sick. Marley had left with no words no nothing. Where would she even run off to? Klaus questioned. Klaus was sure he could buy her back but not if she ran. He also needed her, his showcasing was today with the children and that would be possibly her last day with him. He was going to fight for her but he would just have to do it while she was gone from him. He didn't want what they had yesterday to end. Because to him what happened between them was beautiful one of the best nights of his life. He wasn't going to lose her but he needed her by his side. He needed her to know that.

He needed her.

Marley dreamt of Klaus. His arms around her the way they were. His lips pressed to her head and the way he eased her mind. She dreamt of him. She dreamt of his smile. She dreamt of him and that scared her. She looked at Maura and her son as they conversed thinking that Marley was asleep.

Marley had run into them running from Klaus and they had stopped her. She planned on running then. Where? She didn't know. With what? The robe she was wearing. She had no idea but between her fear and sadness she didn't know what to do. There was very little room between her emotions for her to think of using common sense. But Maura and Gregory asked her what was wrong and he said she'd tell them if they got her away from there. Her chest felt constricted and she felt betrayed. But more importantly she was afraid to go back, to go back to the HELP shelter alone.

Maura brought her to Gregory's hotel room. Let her shower and then asked questions. She told them what it was and Maura was crushed and very surprised. Maura thought Klaus would have bought her. Maura didn't know what to think as she whisked Marley off to sleep.

"She wouldn't come, she's afraid." Gregory said.

"She's had a rough life son. But she will do this to stay from that place. She trusts me and I trust you."

"Mum..." He looked at Marley, "So since your awake mind telling us of what you've got planned?"

"I'm leaving. I have money I've saved it all since I started working for-" His name was caught in her throat. "I have money I can take care of myself." She wanted nothing more than to believe that but she didn't know. She didn't don't know the in betweens.

Maura brought over some breakfast. "Yes you can but not here." She shook her head talking slowly. "You can't stay here and be safe. You have to leave these parts."

"But Klau--"

"Klaus will be here. His life is here. But you are free, do what you have to. Don't let another stranger take you away." Maura wanted nothing more but for her to get her Klaus but she knew what was at stake. Carrie Ann shared with her some of their troubles and what Marley had witnessed. She didn't want her going back through that system alone as beautiful as she was. Maura touched her shoulder affectionately.

"My son leaves for Florida tonight...say your goodbyes and then you leave. You pack up tonight and you leave with him. He'll take you to his home with his family. He'll take care of you. Please Marley do this, live better. And maybe one day when you're well off you come and visit me."

Marley began to cry because she wanted to stay and be with Maura and Klaus. But she needed to leave. She had to leave. Everything Maura said was right but it hurt because for once she was attached and she was happy. Even if temporarily, she was happy. Now like always she was leaving, again to start over, again.

Marley went back to Klaus' home. She began to pack her things and she cried as she did so. She figured he was working, helping his children prepare for their debut. But she wished he was there so she could tell him of their plans. So he could know and could possibly stop her. But she didn't want to burden him with a burden that shouldn't even be a burden to herself.