Chapter Forty Four|| Love is in the air

Start from the beginning

"Blueberry pancakes." He spoke behind me and I could feel my mouth already watering from the sight and smell.

I looked over and see Jackson's button up on the floor near the bed. I walked over and grabbed it and dropped the sheet pulling it over me.

"Lets eat." I spoke turning around and seen Jackson's eyes on me.

"Jackson." I warned and his eyes met mine with a smug look.

"What?" He asked innocently.

He had totally been checking me out.

I just shook my head walking to the table and sat down at Jackson placed a plate in front of me.

***

I usually hated shopping. I really did.

But for some reason tonight, I was living for it. Oh Goddess, what have I become? Where did the fun Aurora go?

"Look at this!" I said in awe looking over the beautiful necklace.

I looked at the price and made a 'yikes' face and slowly walked away. I heard Jackson chuckle.

"We can get it if you want." He said and I shook my head.

"No thanks, I can find that same one for less probably." I said.

That was way too much money.

I looked down at my shopping bags and cringed a little. I maybe bought a little too much. Most of the things Jackson wanted to buy for me, but I swiped my card before he did.

That kind of made him mad. I did end up caving and he bought me a dress I was looking at.

Jackson got him some things as well while he was out.

"Im ready when you are." I said facing Jackson who nodded.

"Yeah, I just need to get one more thing." He said and I nodded.

"Look around some more, I'll be right back." He said and I nodded once again.

Looking for a little souvenir to bring Zander back, I decided on a shot glass with a small grin. My drinking buddy. My light weight friend. Yes, he needed this.

Goddess, I'm going to be broke after this trip.

I went to turn around when I felt something being placed around my neck. My hand immediately when to it and I gasped.

"Jackson, you did not!" I said turning around but frowned.

"You're not Jackson." I spoke and the man grinned.

"Im indeed not, but I saw you looking at that and I decided to give you a welcome to Venice gift. I do own this store, so I guess that gives me the right to give it to you." He said with a grin and a thick accented voice.

"And you are..?" I asked like he was crazy. You don't just buy a random girl a gift, put it on her, and expect everything to be shits and giggles.

"The names Dante." My heart dropped.

Surely this wasn't the guy Jackson was talking about?

"I am." He said and my eyes widened.

Can he-

"Yes, I can read minds." He said and I was lost for words.

"Aurora, I couldn't find-" Jackson stopped talking when he saw Dante.

He looked back to me and the necklace on my neck.

"Well, now I know who bought the necklace." Jackson said and Dante chuckled.