Chapter Forty Three|| The Big Day

{Aurora's POV}

Staring at myself in the mirror, I didn't know who the girl staring back at me was. My light washed jeans and plain t-shirt was switched out with a beautiful white gown and my worn out converse were replaced by elegant heels.

A veil was hung over my face and my makeup was done to perfection. The big day as most would call it.

My wedding day.

I had no father and I had no mother, but I knew I could do this. I have Jackson and that's all that matters.

"It's almost time sweetie." Jackson's mom's voice brought me from my thoughts.

I turned around looking at her and gave her a small smile.

"Wow, you look beautiful." She said with a smile.

"Thank you." I replied taking steps towards her as she handed me my bouquet.

I looked down at the beautiful flowers with a smile on my face.

I was happy.

"Lets do this." I replied giving her a small grin and she shot me one back and opened the door.

"Lets." She winked and I followed her out.

She made her way to the mahogany doors and slipped in.

I stood behind them taking my place and sent a quick prayer to the moon goddess. I can get through this. I am Aurora Leigh. I am strong.

I raised my chin taking in a deep breath and the doors opened.

I stepped through them looking at people standing. We made it small, but still meaningful.

The second my eyes met Jackson's, my whole world stopped spinning. He looked to have tears in his eyes causing me to smile at him and he smiled back at me.

My whole life was right before me.

I made my way down the aisle and eventually took Jackson's hand he held out and walked up the few steps before me.

We faced each other as we held hands.

"You may be seated." The pastor called out and everyone did so.

"Today we bring together two very special people in our lives. Today we tie the bond of something so... powerful." He spoke softly.

I zoned out looking into Jackson's eyes.

'I love you.' Jackson's words went through my mind and I smiled at him and had to bite my lip to stop smiling so much.

"I believe the two wrote their vows." The pastor said bringing us from our own little world.

"Yes." I mumbled softly and Jackson spoke first.

"I, Jackson, affirm my love to you, Aurora, as I invite you to share my life and title. You are the most beautiful, smart, and generous person I have ever known, and I promise always to respect you and love you. I promise to protect you and to cherish you. I promise to make you laugh and smile. I promise that I will be there for you with kindness, unselfishness and trust, I will work by your side to create a wonderful life together. I can't wait to live my life with you as my wife and luna... I take you to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health for as long as we both shall live." I blinked away the tears trying to remember my own vows.

After taking a deep breath and trying to manage my tears I looked back up at him.

"Jackson, today I become your wife and you become my husband. I will strive to give you the best of myself while accepting you the way you are. I promise to respect you as the alpha and as my mate as well as I promise to respect you as a whole person with your own interests, desires, and needs, and to realize that those are sometimes different, but no less important than my own. I promise to keep myself open to you, to let you into my innermost fears and feelings, secrets and dreams. I promise to grow along with you, to be willing to face change as we both change, keeping our relationship alive and exciting. And finally, I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how: completely and forever." I spoke softly and he looked down.