Chapter Thirty Five|| Desire

{Aurora's POV}

I groaned as Jackson carried me to our room. The pain was almost unbearable and was worse than the last time this had happened.

Once we made it, he was quick to take me to the bathroom and start the cold shower. He sat me on my feet, and I leaned against the shower wall closing my eyes tiredly.

"You're going to ruin your jacket." I mumbled to him and he shrugged still holding onto my forearms as the water cascaded over us.

"Are you okay to stand on your own?" He asked and reluctantly nodded. "It's bearable now with the water." I mumbled to him and he slowly let go of my arms and backed out of the shower.

I watched him shrug off his jacket and he pulled his t-shirt over his head. I gawked at the adonis himself as he moved around the bathroom setting out towels and such. I noticed his outfit had changed this morning from a plaid shirt to a leather jacket and white tee. Why? He left the bathroom for a couple seconds and walked back in wearing some sweatpants.

Being bold I pulled off my shirt and threw it aside and started to get out of my sweatpants. Jackson noticed my struggling and walked over pulling them down and helped me step out of them as he tossed them somewhere. He stood and placed a hand on my forehead and leaned over making the water colder, and I groaned in appreciation as the new cool water hit my skin.

"Better?" He asked.

"Yes."

"I hate seeing you go through this." He mumbled so low I barely caught it. I managed a small smile and brought my hands laying them on the sides of his cheeks, "You're too good for me. But...it's just life all wolves go through this at some point with their mate." I replied softly.

"I know, it doesn't mean I have to like it." Was his response and it caused me let out a laugh but it was cut short as a new wave hit me and ten times harder than the previous. It caused my knees to buckle and before I could hit the ground Jackson had me in his arms. The warmth radiating from his skin on mine made a gasp leave my lips. It was soothing.

He went to pull back but I stopped him holding him to me harder. "Don't move, it's soothing." I was quick to say and I felt him place a kiss on the top of my head.

"Just tell me what you want me to do, love. I'll do it." He said and his voice almost sounded distraught. Then again, mates hate to see each other in pain.

"Just hold me." I replied closing my eyes and I felt his hands drop from my waist to the back of my thighs as he picked me up and he sat us on the floor of the shower. His back laid against the wall and I laid against his chest straddling him.

Another wave hit me and a whimper escaped me as I grabbed onto his arms tightly. Jackson tensed gritting his teeth together.

"Im sorry, babe. It should be over soon." He whispered when an idea occurred to me. I leaned forward pressing my lips on his softly.

He didn't respond and I pressed my lips harder.

"Jackson." I mumbled and he looked at me guilty.

"I don't trust myself. I don't think that's a good idea." He mumbled shifting slightly.

"I don't care, please. You said you'd do anything. Just kiss me. It should help." I said and he sighed closing his eyes for a minute and a gasp escaped me when the heat picked back up and my stomach felt like a hundred needles just stabbed me.

His eyes quickly opened at the sound and he jerked me to him crashing my lips to his. The pain immediately dulled at the contact and my fingers found their way into his hair.