Chapter Eight|| Butterflies

{Aurora's POV}

We walked down by the lake and I grinned looking at it. My mother and I always loved to come to the lake, whether it was just to sit peacefully and talk or splash around. Good memories happened there, that's for sure.

"You seem to like the choice." Jackson said and I smirked looking over at him.

"My mom would bring me here." I told him as I took a seat next to the edge and put my feet in and Jackson mimicked my actions.

"Tell me about her." He said leaning back on his arms and I sighed.

"She constantly was this amazing, caring woman. She always put everyone before herself no matter the cost. She would take me on walks as a kid and teach me how a lady should be treated. She also taught me to stand my ground with a man. Always saying that women are just as capable." I let out a small laugh, "She never seemed upset a day in her life. If I could just have one last day with her... i'd be the happiest girl." I stopped talking before I got carried away.

"She sounds amazing." He said and I nodded. "She was." Wanting to change the subject, I quickly got an idea and grinned and before Jackson could catch my idea I shoved him forward as hard as I could and watched as he flew into the water.

He came up for air and stared agape at me as I held my stomach laughing. "Oh no." He said and I screeched as he quickly lunged forward grabbing my ankle and pulled me into the water. It was freezing.

"Oh my God!" I said as I resurfaced and he chuckled running a hand through his hair shaking the water out.

"You didn't think i'd let that slide, did you?" He asked and I grinned. "You are the alpha of intelligence for a reason." I winked and he nodded.

"Indeed I am." I looked away for a split second and in that time he decided to splash water straight into my face. I coughed as it went down my throat.

"Oh nasty." I said cringing as he laughed. I splashed him back laughing and he scoffed mimicking me. He dove under the water and I quickly looked around. Oh God this is like jaws.

I felt something brush against my foot and I quickly moved to the side looking around. How long can he hold his breath?! I felt his hand latch onto my ankle once again and I was jerked under. I thrashed around but he quickly let me go and I swam towards the top for air.

He was a laughing fit as he came up and I scowled at him. "Asshole." I mumbled and felt him tug me towards him.

"What was that?" He asked and I felt my heart pick up. Why does he make me feel this way?

"Nothing." I said and he cocked an eyebrow. "You sure?" I just shrugged smirking and he shook his head amused. He stared at me for a moment like he was studying me.

"You know... you're like a butterfly as corny as it sounds." He said and I looked at him confused.

"What?"

"Butterflies can't see their wings, so technically they can't see their beauty." He gave me a small smile, "And I think that is kind of how you are. I don't think you realize your value or your beauty to the full extent... and I don't mean that in a bad way." He said and I looked down as I felt tears build up in my eyes.

"How can you think that? Look at me. I have scars all over my body, I have baggage, and I'm not this perfect girl every guy wants." I said finally looking up meeting his eyes.

"I have only know you for two days but it took me minutes to see your true beauty. Now a'days girls are as fake as it comes, honestly. Though I agree with doing what you feel makes you comfortable in your own skin... there is still nothing more attractive then true, natural beauty and girls don't seem to get that. Not all of us guys want this... imaginary figure that every girls seems to strive to be. Those scars are what make you... well you. It shows the struggles you went through and how you faced them head on. It shows that you're strong and courageous. Everyone has some type of baggage, why should that ever matter? You're right, you're not this perfect girl but that honestly is what makes you so... I don't even know how to describe it. When my eyes laid on you for the first time my literal thought was 'wow' because you were that breath taking. You may think that I'm you're mate and I'm supposed to say that, but that is not the reason I'm telling you this. You deserve to know your true worth. You deserve to wake up every morning and be reminded about just how beautiful you truly are." He said and I seriously felt so... moved.

I never have been told that before. Not once had a guy ever even went that far to elaborate on the thought. I let out a nervous laugh. "Don't get sappy on me." I said trying to lighten the mood.

I felt his hand gently raise my chin up to where I was looking at him. His thumb swiped over my cheek wiping a stray tear and he sighed. "Don't make me talk circles around you until you understand that what I just said was nothing but the truth." He joked and I let out a small laugh but nodded.

"I believe you." I said smiling and he nodded. "Good." I let out a shaky breath and looked around. One of his arms was wrapped around my waist holding me to him. Our clothes were completely drenched and we could care less.

"Did you want a mate?" I asked looking at him.

"Are you serious? It was what I dreamed of as a kid." He said chuckling and I laughed. "No way." He nodded.

"I knew I would be alpha but I honestly couldn't care less. I was always thinking about my mate and finding her. My parents were always this ideal pair of mates everyone adored and as—once again— corny as it sounds; I wanted that." I stared at him in awe. I never thought my mate would actually be like this considering my luck with men.

"I-" I stopped speaking when I saw something swimming in the water next to us.

"Oh my gosh." I said quickly and Jackson looked to the left of us where I was staring and laughed. "Is someone afraid of snakes?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Are you kidding me? I had three as a kid as pets." I said and quickly broke from his grasp and swam over.

"Be careful please." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Im just getting it out of the lake. I do want a peaceful time without this guy snapping at us." I chuckled and quickly reached out grasping the snake and tossed it out onto the bank and watched it slither away.

"You're not afraid of anything are you? Im supposed to be the one in the relationship who does that sort of thing." He said gesturing to me tossing the snake out and I grinned facing him.

"Are you saying a woman needs to be taken care of by a man?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I think the quite opposite actually, but I would like to take care of you." He said and I smirked.

"So... this is a relationship now?" I asked and he grinned.

"Well speaking you're my mate I was hoping." I shook my head smiling.

Goddess, please don't let this one turn out to hurt me. 

_____________________________________________________________

Oh snap. 

Thoughts on Jackson? 

Thoughts on Aurora? 

Is she going to break?

Hm. 

Comment ;)

Vote... you know what's coming..

SHAREEEEEEEE

Much love. 

I just want some chocolate right now. Tear tear.