Chapter Thirty Six|| Preparing

{Aurora's POV}

I groaned flying to the ground with a thud.

"Again." Jackson said looming over me and I let out an annoyed growl.

I stood up shaking my hands a bit and then clenched them back to fist getting in a fighting stance.

"Watch my movements. You're not having a clear mind. I've watched you take people down in seconds." Jackson said in complete alpha mode, my Jackson was far gone.

We circled one another I knew others from training had stopped sparring to watch their luna and alpha battle.

I studied his hands as he walked, I studied his face, I even studied his breathing. I blocked everything out just focusing on those three things. Every time before he threw a punch, his breathing hitches as he drawls in air.

I heard his breath hitch and out of instinct I ducked as he was quick to throw a punch after.

"Good." He said pleased.

I noticed when he threw a right hook, he turns his feet a certain way to stand his ground better. A perfect weak spot.

I threw a punch he easily dodged and once again I got him to throw that right hook. I ducked but this time ducked and dropped to the ground placing my hands behind me for support as I swiped a leg out knocking his feet off balance. As he staggered over I drove my fist into his stomach causing him to fly backwards. People gasped in shock.

"Again." I mocked leaning over him.

He grinning up at me clearly not in much pain.

"Good." He spoke pleased again. But something dark formed in his eyes.

I went to step backwards when his hand shot out grabbing my ankle and he easily jerked it out from under me and as I fell to the ground he reversed our positions and somehow got us into a lock where his legs entwined with mine and my arms were crossed behind my back. What the hell?

"Rule number one, never let your guard down." He said next to me ear releasing me a little roughly.

What is up with him?

I was now mad. Why is he taking his anger out on me?

I gritted my teeth standing and flexed my back a little trying to loosen up some.

I channeled more strength from my wolf knowing my eyes changed to her color. His eyes widened slightly noticing them change. A growl emitted from his chest and his wolf took that as a threat; a challenge.

The shining blue of his eyes changing to his wolfs was enough to put my wolf on guard some. This is getting too serious.

"Oh my goddess." I heard someone mutter as we started to circle each other.

"Stand down." Jackson's voice was dark and authoritative.

I growled in response.

***Earlier That Day***

"We need to take precautions. We need to make a plan." Zander said and Jackson nodded in agreement.

"We need to make the first move." Jackson spoke thinking.

"Now that we know Charles is coming after Aurora... We have to show him we are not backing down." My mother spoke.

Everyone looked to me as I remained silent.

"Aurora?" Jackson asked softly.

"Yeah do what you think is best." I mumbled still in thought.