"He's so beautiful and looks exactly like you." , I said looking up at Adam.

"He is. But he looks like you."

"What? No. Look." , I said nodding at his face. "He has your nose and eyes."

"His eyes are shut."

Perfect timing, Brandon slowly opened his eyes looking from me to Adam and then began to cry as I tried rocking him, only making it worse.

"Yup. Exactly like you." , I added as Adam gently took him from me in attempt to stop the crying.

"I don't cry."

"Hmm." , I said crossing my arms as he calmed down but Adam didn't give his back, and I didn't blame him. Anything for him not to cry again. "Like, every romance movie we ever watched you did."

"They were sad!" , he whined defensively.

"Sure."

"Well...I might not have cried then." , Adam began ignoring my last remark. "But I'll probably cry now."

"Why?"

Before beginning, he handed Brandon to me who had fallen asleep again, his tiny mouth opening and shutting. "I've loved you for a long time and I want you in my life. For the rest of my life. You've said no once, and I'm hoping you won't say no again. Taylor Alison Swift." , slowly he got down on one knee and pulled out a dark red ring box, opening it to reveal the same ring as before. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes." , I said quietly, partly because I couldn't believe this was happening and partly because I didn't want Brandon to wake up and ruin this moment. "Yes. I will marry you!"

"Yes?" , Adam asked in surprise as his eyes watered.

I nodded, tears now filling my eyes but I didn't bother to wipe them away. "Yes. Yes, a million times!"

Less then a second later, Adam was leaning over me, careful not to squish Brandon and giving me a hug and pressing his soft lips against mine. Placing Brandon in a position where he wouldn't fall, I let a hand out, allowing Adam to finally slide the ring onto my finger. 

When the kids grew older and the wedding got closer, they began to mature and be less rude and unpleasant around Adam.  I guess us becoming engaged showed them this was real and forever. By the time of the wedding, basically everything was cleared up and they would even call him 'dad' every once in a while.

With all the preparation and planning, before we knew it, it was the day of the wedding. Our house was huge so it only made sense to have it there. Although there were still a few hours until the wedding started, I was already putting on makeup, I would have Selena and the HAIM sisters coming over soon and when they did, I wouldn't have any time to put on makeup. As for Adam, he was taking the kids and the baby out bowling so I would have the house, at least partially to myself. Downstairs was pure chaos. We had hired multiple wedding planners to help and they were running around like mice getting the finishing touches done on the house before the guests arrived. 

Applying even more of my signature red lipstick, my phone began to ring and I groaned. I dropped the lipstick on my table then went to check on who was calling, Karlie.

"Hello."

"Hey!" , Karlie replied, her voice cheery. "Guess what?"

"What?" , I asked.

"I finally told Joe I liked him and we're married this summer!"

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"So am I!"

I heard a loud gasp from across the line. "You are! When! It's about time he proposed!"

"Today." , I replied sheepishly.

"Today." , she repeated quieter. I knew I had hurt her feelings by not inviting her, she was my best friend.

"Listen, I'm sorry." , I added on. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I just knew if I invited you...well...you would bring Joe. Don't take this the wrong way."

There was a pause and I crossed my fingers. "Alright." , she sighed. "I'm not mad. It's your wedding. You did what you had to do."

I nodded even though I knew she couldn't see. "Thanks."

I could tell she was smiling. "Well. Enough talking already!" , she exclaimed. "We need to catch up again sometime but for now...Get back to your wedding! Unless...are you ditching? You better not be ditching."

I laughed. "No, Karlie. It's not for a couple more hours. I really do wish you could come though. You're my best friend."

"I know."

I laughed at her humor. "Alright. Bye."

"Bye."

Hours passed. Selena and the HAIM sisters came right on time and before I knew it, from looking out my window, I could see guests arriving and all my kids and JOe greeting them with hugs and smiles. Everything was perfect, al the kids dresses fit and 4-month old Brandon hadn't cried once that day which was a miracle. The music had started and I peeked out into the sea of people again, swallowing hard. The flower girl, Lily carried Brandon, the ring bearer, everyone awwing as they made their way to the front.

Then, it was my turn. My dad, who still wasn't too fond of Adam, smiled lending out his arm and I held onto it. Walking out into the open, everyone turned around and stood up, I almost gasped ins hock when I saw Karlie in the audience without Joe, who grinned, giving me a thumbs up, but I was frozen, unable to move. I never use to have, what you could call stage fright, but the more time that passed from performing the more nervous I would get about being the center of attention. 

From all Adam and I's friends and family, I directed my eyes on Adam who was satring at me like I was the only person in the room, his eyes warm and welcoming as he smiled. So, one fot in front of the next in baby steps, I began walking, our eyes staying locked. He was my future. My husband. My forever. The one.