The One Part 15

Taylor POV:

The gate slowly opened and I drove my car through it.  

'Please shut.' ,I begged to the gate looking at my rearview mirror. But before it was even close to shutting Adam's car had entered in. I knew I could call security but I decided I could handle it myself and I didn't need them.

I parked into my parking lot and he pulled up next to me, getting out of his car, I walked towards him.

"Hey." ,he said.

"Hey." ,I replied.

There was a pause and I wondered why he wasn't saying anything.

"So." ,he began pulling something out of his back pocket. "I never gave this back to you." 

He handed me my house key.

"Oh...thanks." ,I said taking it. I was definitely expecting something different.

"And..."

Here it goes, I thought

"I'm sorry, about saying all those things about you." ,he explained. "I should've never said it." 

"It's cool." ,I replied. "And I'm sorry too...about being controlling and all there." 

I rarely admitted to begin wrong about pretty much anything so it felt weird.

"Can we maybe go back to being friends?" ,he asked nervously.

"Yeah, I think so."

"Um...friendly fist bump?" ,he asked lifting his hand up

I bumped my hand against his then he left.

When I got inside I slumped against the door. I didn't know if being friends with him was a good or bad idea. Ex's were usually bad luck even if we were cool now.

                                                                                           The next morning

I wiped a drawer open, messing up all the clothes in it, then went to another, doing the same thing. 

Pretty soon Joe had arrived. I had given him a key so he shocked me when he came it.

"Hey." ,he said putting his hands on my waist from behind. I shirked and jumped forward in surprise.

"Hey." ,I replied putting my hand on my chest.

"Everything okay?" ,he asked looked around my room which looked like it had just been hit by a tornado.

My bottom lip quivered. There was no way I was going to let him see me cry, not again. I turned around and continued to search, so he wouldn't know. If he did, he would hate me.

"Baby." ,he said turning me around and pulling me into a hug. "Tell me what's wrong."

My voice shook. "I...I lost the necklace." ,I hiccuped "You gave...me." 

"That's alright." ,he said in a calm voice, we'll find it, I promise.

I nodded in responce.

"So, when's the last time you saw it?" ,he asked.

"I put in on that table." ,I explained. "I was going to take a shower."

He thought for a while.

"Wait. My cats." ,I said rushing downstairs to see Meredith laying in her cat bed, glaring at me.

I sighed. When Meredith didn't want to move she wouldn't.

"MerBear. C'mon. I know you have my necklace." ,I said and she meowed in response.

Next, I tried to pick her up, but she swatted at my hand, and I sure didn't want to get scratched.

"Hey Meredith." ,Joe said walking up next to me. He stretched his arms out to her, carefully picking her up and revealing the necklace.

"She likes you." ,I said as he petted her. "And she doesn't like many people."

"Yeah. When my brother and I were little my mom had three cats." ,he explained eventually setting her down.

I picked up the necklace and Joe helped me put it on.

"Thanks." ,I said.

"No problem. Are you ready to go to the party?" ,he asked me.

"Yeah." ,I replied and we left.