The One Part 52

Taylor POV

Two months later and my stomach had doubled in size. Since I was having twins, chances were I would be giving birth a little sooner then nine months, which was the first good news I had received in a while. My babies only liked two foods, chocolate and Pineapple which sucked since Patricia was allergic to Pineapple. 

Heaving myself down the hall to my room like I was 100, Patricia came running out of her room, to me. It was Monday, but she didn't have school because of a snow day.

"Mommy. Come look what I did! ,she exclaimed. I hope there was no mess.

I looked all the way down the hall to where her room was. It was so far. "Can you bring it here, Sweetheart?" ,I asked.

"No. It's a surprise."

I looked at the room again, I always knew it was a bad idea to put her room there. "Well...later." ,I said. She would have to learn how to take no as an answer, at least sometimes. "I'm going to rest."

"You and Daddy never play with me anymore!" ,she said stomping her feet. "And it's all the stupid babies fault!"

I sighed, turning around. As tired as I was, I did feel bad that she thought that. "You know, you're right." ,I said softly doing my best to kneel down. "Being pregnant, Daddy and I don't have a lot of time to play with you, and when the babies do come very soon, I'll have even less. But that doesn't mean we've forgotten about you, or around going to spend time to play with you, okay?"

Patricia nodded, hugging me. "Goodnight, Mommy." ,she said heading down our hall way.

"Goodnight Patricia." ,I said reaching for the doorknob of my room, then, I felt something. The babies were coming.

Joe was in the house, in the exercise room, but Patricia didn't know where that was because we were afraid she would hurt herself on the equipment, so we kept the door locked at all times.

I looked down the hall for Patricia but she had disappeared, probably back in her room. Frantically, I felt my pockets, whipping out my phone. I was so relieved I had Joe on speed dial.

"Hey." ,he said picking up almost immediately. "What's up."

"Joe the babies are coming. I'm right near our room. Please come." ,I begged waiting for a response.

I could hear thumping up the stairs as I turned of my phone. He never ran this fast.

"C'mon. Let's get you to the hospital." ,he said way more calm then I was. Taking my hand, slowly we made it down the steps and to the door.

"Get Patricia." ,I mumbled leaning against the door. "And hurry."

Nodding, Joe ran back up the stairs, coming down a minute later with Patricia in his arms, her favorite stuffed animal tucked protectively under her right arm. We would had thought to get a babysitter, but I wasn't due for another month so I didn't think that this would happen.

Making it safely to the car, soon we were at the hospital. The hospital we were at had a nice place for the kids to play so Joe decided to put Patricia there for a while while I was wheeled into a room. It took ten hours before I was ready to have Patricia, who knows how long the twins would take.

To make matters even worse, unlike when I was having Patricia, they didn't have anymore private rooms left so I had to share one with another mom.

"Is that your first?" ,she asked me.

"No." ,I sighed. "Second, and I'm having twins, it's torture. What about you?"

She scoffed. "Oh stop complaining. I'm have triplets."

"Wow." ,I said definitely being quiet after that. "Well...good luck."

"You too!" ,she replied. For how angry and bloated she looked, she was actually turning into a really nice mom.

Just then, I got another contraction, squeezing Joe's hand hard as it passed. All I wanted was for this misery to be over. I felt horrible.

A couple minutes later a nurse came in to check on me, and within a hour, my triplets were born.