The One Part 17

Taylor POV:

I had no I idea where I was running to, Joe had the keys to the car. I found the bathroom, running inside, slamming the door shut and locking. Then I started crying, harder then I ever had before I sunk against the door.

The music had gotten a bit longer. I assumed they were over what just happened, but I wasn't.

"Taylor?" ,a voice said. 

"Go away." ,I sniffed rubbing my eye.

"Open the door." ,another voice said, "Please?"

Reaching up, I unlocked the door and scooted away so I wouldn't get hit.

"Hey." ,Katelyn said coming inside with Sahara. 

They both sat down next to me on the floor with that pity face that I hated to see. 

''What happened out there?" ,Sarah asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it." ,I mumbled knowing I looked awful.

"You hit him pretty hard with that phone." ,Katlyn explained.

"He deserved it." 

"Why?"

I leaned my head back, rolling my eyes. "He told me he broke up with his girlfriend. He lied. He cheated on me" ,I said getting a bit mad.

"Well didn't he kind'a cheat on her with you?" ,Sarah asked.

"Yes..." ,I began thinking for a second. "But...but..." ,I had nothing. "Then why did he tell me he broke up with her." ,I whined.

"Maybe he was scared." ,Katlyn suggested. 

"Scared of what?" ,I asked sniffing.

"Maybe he thought if he didn't break up with her right away, you wouldn't want him back, ever. She was already mad about seeing you two at the concert together...he could've thought if he told her then, she would do what you did to him." ,she explained like the answer was obvious. Maybe telling them everything and Joe and I wasn't that good of an idea.

I thought about it, she was right. I nodded my head in response and they helped me up. 

"Thanks." ,I said hugging them both.

"Ready to go back out there." ,I asked and they both looked at me nervously. "What?" ,I asked knowing something was wrong.

"You're makeup." ,Sahara explained. "It's running. But, I have makeup in my car, wait here." ,she explained and in less then thirty minutes I didn't look like a monster anymore.

We came out and I spotted Joe almost immediately. He was backing to talking with his friend Dave. He glanced at me but then went back to talking with Dave. I knew he was mad, his nose was still a bit red and I saw it was still a bit bloody. 

"Call us if you need a ride home but we gotta got." ,Sahara explained and we all said goodbye. 

Pretenting to be interested about something on my phone I waited until Dave had walked away until I went up to Joe.

"Joe?" ,I asked. He didn't turn around, wether he heard me or not.

"Joe?" ,I said a bit longer in case he really couldn't hear.

"What?!" ,he said angrily whipping around. That's when I realized he was more mad at me then I had thought.

"Joe I'm sorry." ,I said tears filling my eyes. "I shouldn't have throw that phone at you. I was...I was really mad and confused...but I understand now." 

"Tell me what you understand." ,he said the same dark glare focused on me.

After that I told him everything Katelyn had told me, about Isabella being first and about me not wanting him. His dark glare had turned a bit softer.

"Can we leave?" ,I asked wiping my eyes as tears began falling down my just done makeup. 

Wrapping his arm around me, he led me to the car, we both got in.

"I'm so sorry, about everything...I completely ruined your night." ,I said, my voice shaking as more tears fell.

Turning on the light in the car, his face seemed to light up in the dark.

"You didn't ruin it." ,he said leaning a bit closer. "Just being with you is enough."

I thought he was going to kiss me, his face inches away from mine.

"I'm sorry to. About lying. I promise I'll never lie again." 

"And I promise I'll never throw anything at you again." ,I said. "How does it feel?"

"Better. But I know how you can make it feel better." ,then he leaned in to kiss me.

Eventually he pulled back. "Home?" 

I nodded and we left.