Chapter 2

~In a world of stillness, she is chaos~
________________________

Dami' POV

I decided.  If I'm going to do this might as well do it right. The plan either has to work out or succeed.

I turned around and walked towards them , naturally as possible. I had put  on a casual expression, a little charade, loosened my shoulders and adjusted my gait. It's always fun to act like someone else. They stood on the opposite end of the street, all I had to do was cross and initiate a conversation. It's not that hard to work with

Approaching them they all were dressed casually , sitting aside their shirts, which were all tank tops, both females and males. They were about thirty of them, Standing all huddled together, guns sticking out of their pants, bandannas of the same color, black, clothings made of leather, their poise and mannerisms all the same, blunts and cigarettes lit. They were all very intimidating no less. They gave off the don't-mess- with-me vibe, all of them. Nothing screamed Devils louder.

Rumors had it that, they didn't have an actual leader, but were actually controlled by the government as a way to turn this area as an under the table black market for arms and children trafficking. I looked into it. It wasn't true. Turns out it's for arms, children and women trafficking. Irvlyon is commonly used as a black market trading ground. People get entangled with shady dealings as easy as Abc once they're new. They have no idea what they're getting themselves into. Getting into gang dealings, is just as easy as getting a job.

Upon reaching there,across the street, the first few words I was greeted with was "You took quite your time getting here." everyone had began directing their attention towards me. With that little gesture, I felt flattered to be honest.

"And look at me hoping when I met y'all for the first time, I'd be rained with warm kisses and warm hugs, no fair guys" I responded, sarcasm ever so evident. The key to fitting in is to well... fit in.

"Warm hugs and kisses, does this look like a daycare to you?" The guy questioned They all looked at me, without any sort of expression besides curiosity.

"Ah how rude of me, my name's Lulu, Lulu Leslie. I'm part of selection C to patrol tonight. Nice to meet you... fellow members." I said, and flashed smiles at all of them individual, one at a time. They all had similar yet unique features, different yet the same sense of style and character. They had different roles in this gang

"Let me get this straight" he paused "you're a new recruit..?" He trailed of , and I nodded "and you're supposed to move with us tonight...?" I nodded  "and you say your name is Lulu... Lulu Leslie?" I again nodded yes.

It was silent, that all kept quiet, nobody was saying anything, it was an abnormal silence , nobody was saying anything, for some reason, everyone was looking at this dude, waiting for his say. I felt like I was on judgment day.

After about a minute of straight assessments, he turned to a girl to his left and signaled for her to come "Jane,  Call Fire and confirm her identity." he said to her, referring to me.

In the meanwhile he decided to introduce himself to me

"Oh" he clicked his tongue in remembrance, and re-directed his attention to me "My name's Ray. To my left is Amanda and tal" I waved, "they're the ones in charge for tonight, to my far left is layla-orange highlights, that's my girlfriend, and the rest, manny , tray, Noah, minnie..." He kept on calling more names. I heard what he was saying but my attention had been focused on on the girl he asked to call fire.

My eyes still stood guard  on her, she had withdrawn herself to the far back of an alley, where it was more quiet. She had her index finger pressed against her ear to block out any little aerie noise around her. Smallish little femme she was, with her black combat boots and nose piercing, she aimed to give of an intimidating aura, but by her stance and movement, one could easily tell how incredibly fragile and intimidated she was. She must be new.

I politely waved towards the leaders of tonight's stake-out, Amanda and tal was it, and also towards his girlfriend, they responded with hi's and hey's, everyone's attention pretty much returned to what they were doing; the chattering and smoking I mean.

"So if they're the leaders, why am I speaking to you instead of them?" I said, casually throwing the question at Ray.

"Leaders for tonight was what I said, I'm always in charge."

I asked, "so what's the plan for tonight or are we just going to stand here all night?"

He paused to subtly think" Frankly speaking, I don't know, I'm going to check in with Tal, you stay here. We haven't received word from Fire yet, so we can't let you in on anything until ."

I nodded in understanding "so we both are newbies"

"Yeah kinda," he turned his back to me in attempt to move towards them "hold up a sec, I'll go ask them what's up" referring to Amanda and tal

I stood alone, everyone was immersed in what they were doing, looking to my left, it looked like

I walked away, looking for a secluded area, The only word that kept ringing in my head was 'run'. I have a phone, I could call the cops or I could drop an Intel and get these people arrested so I personally don't have to do any dirty work, my fear was to getting involved and having my name in the system, involving the police is a risk I'm not quite willing to take-my fingerprints, voice profiling, my essence. Plan B

Run, call the police through somebody else's number, and destroy the one with me, it already has my finger prints. Sorry Ray.

I looked around, everyone was busy and Ray still seems occupied. Perfect. Slowly and steadily backing into the darkness, once no one's attention had deviated towards me, I bolted on my heels as fast as I could, the icy wind stung my face like sharp tiny needles, my legs running so fast I could barely feel the hard concrete underneath. The feeling was painfully exhilarating. Turns out this is what I needed tonight.

Minutes passed, seeming like seconds yet also hours; my lungs burnt, my face stung with the power of a thousand bees, out of breath and palpitating, sweat ran down my forehead at mountain speed, I couldn't keep running
I saw a secluded alley, the lights deem and no sign of activity, faultless resting spot.

Approaching the alley, I took a sharp turn to the the left, tired and impatient I wasn't watching where I was going, I accidentally bumped into a person-a person's shoulder- and fell on the floor

Irritated, I picked myself up and began dusting my clothes "watch where you're going next time" I muttered with annoyance and walked away. I had thought this place was void of anyone, "how frustrating." I said, walking further down I saw a darker alley and rested my back against a wall.

After about two minutes plus, my breathing re-stabilized, and the familiar coldness stung again, if I'd known, I would have taken the jackets from little miss nice or at least warm a socks- I suddenly remembered- The phone!

I felt my pockets, both front and back, it wasn't there. I could feel the tension work it's way up my body, the thought of losing it was making me uneasy, my fingerprints were on it.

Shit.

_____________________________________