"Hey Twinkle Toes!" the one to his left sneered. "Heard you had a little crush on one of our boys" he finished, getting way to close for comfort. Magnus looked embarrassed and afraid, not sure how to respond, so he decided it was best not to at all. The talking guy, Magnus didn't know his name, pressed a finger into Magnus' chest before adding "well we don't want your kind around here. Stay away from Lightwood. Go spread your fairy dust on some other town"
That got Magnus' attention, he looked up, angrily looking him straight in the eye.
Obviously, this was the wrong thing to do. He realised this as he felt a sudden burning sensation in his jaw and a ringing in his head, what had happened? His vision was blurred by the sudden shock and his skin was burning as a trail of hot blood poured from his bottom lip. He steadied himself against the wall that was suddenly behind him, realising he'd moved backwards. It took a second for the pain in the side of his face to register, but as soon as it did, he felt the thud of another punch just above the previous one, causing a sharp pain to shoot through his eye socket, knocking the sunglasses that were rested on top of his head, to the ground, shattering one of the lenses.
Just as his body had enough time to register that another was probably coming his way, he had time to defensively raise his arms to cover his face before he heard a roar from the other side of the street.

"HEY!!" Alec!

He came running over, pushing each of them away from Magnus one by one "What the hell are you doing?! Back off Morgenstern!!" he growled to the guys that were supposed to be his team-mates. Who looked at each other, a disgusted look of contempt on their faces, before looking back at Alec and then Magnus, turning and walking off without saying a word.

Alec wanted to go after each one of them and rip them a new one before he heard the slumping sound of Magnus falling back and to the ground. He ran towards him, grabbing his face in 1 hand and arm in the other. "Are you okay?" he desperately asked, checking him over. Seeing the blood running from his lip and bruise instantly forming around his eye. It broke Alecs heart. He tenderly ran his thumb over Magnus' cheek, trying to soothe him, but all it did was make him wince in pain.
"I'm okay" Magnus managed to stutter between a few light sobs, trying desperately not to cry. Alec helped him to his feet, keeping his hands wrapped around Magnus', he didn't know what to say, all he could think about was the heartbreaking look on Magnus' face. He tilted Magnus' chin up with his finger, trying to assess if anything was broken. Satisfied that it wasn't, his protective instincts took over

"I'm gonna kill them! What the hell was their problem?" he finally asked, seething, pacing back and forth along the concrete.

"I don't know" Magnus answered after thinking for a while "I guess they've just decided they don't like me" he finished, not wanting to hurt Alecs feelings, he didn't want to tell him that it was about him.

"Let me walk you home" Alec offered, feeling bad for letting Magnus attempt walking home alone in the first place, not that he'd had much of a choice after he'd run off. Magnus suddenly looked terrified as he turned around and saw his reflection in the dark shop window beside him.
"I can't" he gasped "I can't go home like this. My parents will pitch a fit!" he looked terrified, knowing that his parents would fly off the handle, calling the school, in an attempt to help, but in reality, it could make things a thousand times worse for both he and Alec. His eyes filled with tears as he realised he had no idea what to do as he stared down at his scraped hands, feeling completely lost.
"Come on," Alec said, placing a hand tenderly on Magnus' shoulder, causing Magnus to turn and look at him worryingly through heartbroken eyes, "you can stay at my place tonight. My parents won't mind. You can call your parents, just tell them we're studying or something" he laughed trying to create a little levity. Magnus smiled a grateful little smile, brushing away his tears before they had a chance to fall. All Alec wanted to do was hold Magnus' hand as they walked.