The One Part 99

Magsimula sa umpisa

"What?" , I asked confused. Was I about to get an explanation for all this?

She sighed quietly. "That I love someone else...more. And that I Should get a divorce first. I didn't want to cheat on you...again."

"And who is that person?" , I asked, my voice monotone. I couldn't believe this.

 Before saying his name, she took a deep breath. "Adam." , she said so quietly that even if the wind was blowing, I wouldn't be able to hear.

"Who?" , I wanted to make sure I was hearing her correctly.

She looked at me, mascara stained her blue eyes, hair unbrushed and curly, glasses on, her bottom lip trembled as she sat still. "Adam."

Taylor POV:

The house was empty when we got home, Karlie had told us she was going to take the kids bowling, and I plopped down on the couch. The rest of therapy hadn't worked at all, it was just us screaming at each other for another two hours while Mrs. Thomson stared at us helplessly. When we had settled down, she had given us the 'couples assignment' of not talking to each other for a week, basically staying out of each other's way as if more space would work, but we were both talkers so clearly that wouldn't be happening.

"So...", Joe said slowly, planting himself new to me on the couch, but not too close. "Do you still want to get a divorce?"

I looked up at him, nodding. "Yeah."

I watched him stutter then bit his lip which means he was going to cry. "Are you sure?" , he asked more sadly then angered. 

"I'm sure." , I said softly. "I'm sorry things had to turn out this way. I wish...I wish I still had those same, amazing, feelings for you. Our first...nine years with each other were incredible. I would do anything to relive them."

Joe smiled. "Me too. So..what about the kids?"

I sighed. "If you want them, you can take them. But..."

"Take them." , Joe said giving me a tiny smile. 

I looked at him sadly. "Thank you."

A moment later, all the kids ran into the house with Karlie following, they all looked so happy I hated to ruin everything for them. Karlie wiped her forehead and sighed, putting her hands on her hips. "I don't know how you deal with all of them." , she exclaimed.

"Hey!" , Patricia whined.

"Mommy, hi!" , Lily said giving me a hug followed by the other kids. "Guess what?"

"What is it?"

"I made a strike!" , she exclaimed jumping up and down. "Will you take us bowling next time?"

"Of course, sweetheart. I'm glad you liked it."

After that, the kids began to leave, but Joe was on top of everything. "Wait, kids, we need to talk to you!" , he said before they could get too far.

"Yeah?" , Patricia asked turning around on the steps. "What's up?"

They all had jumped onto the furniture, all focusing on Joe less than a minute later.

"Well. What's happening?" , David asked impatiently.

Joe POV:

"Well...", I began, holding my breath. I didn't really have time to practice what to say, and nothing would be easy. "Your mother and I love either and you all very much. But there's been some conflict between us lately and we have decided to split."

The kids stared blankly at us, Patricia and the triplets because they couldn't believe what was happening and Lily because she still had no clue.

"What's that mean?", Lily asked innocently.