Chapter Ten: Shocker Isn't It?

//Katie's P.O.V.\\

So Naomi and I picked out our outfits for tonight. Then I went down to the living room and I was in luck because Logan was sitting on the couch. "Logan, just the person I wanted to talk to," I said. "Hey what's up Katie," he said. "We need to talk in private. I don't know if I should tell you this, but something tells me that I should," I said. "Okay, where do you want to talk," he asked. "Everyone is here already, so can we go talk at the cafe that is across from the park," I asked. "Yeah sure," he said.

+*+*+*+*+*

"Okay so what was it that you wanted to tell me," he asked. "Okay so I talked to Naomi and no matter how hard this is to say I'll tell you anyway," I said. "Just spit it out Katie please! You're making me get nervous now," he said. I took a deep breath and did what he told me.

"OkaysoItalkedtoNaomiandshesaidthatsheactsthatwaybecausehalfofherhasacrushonyou.

Imeansheisinlovewithyouthat'swhysheactstthatwayaroundyouespeciallywhenyouhaveagirlfriend," I said very quickly and catching my breath on the last word. "Woah woah woah Katie. I said spit it out but I didn't mean for you to say it so quickly that I wouldn't understand a word you said," he said. I just sighed and looked at him.

"Okay now take a deep breath, and tell me slowly what you just said," he said. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath okay now he will find out the truth. "Okay what I said was this: Okay so I talked to Naomi and she said that she acts that way around you because half of her has a crush on you. I mean she is in love with you. And that's why she acts that way around you; especially when...," I trailed off but I was talking slowly so he could hear everything correctly. "Especially when what," he asked. "When you have a girlfriend," I said.

After I told him that, he was quiet for about ten minutes. There was an awkward silence between us. His expression showed shock. He kept staring out the window of the cafe and rubbebd his neck a few times. I don't know if I'm correct, but I think that he also had some pain inside him. After ten minutes had passed, he still hadn't said a word. Then he broke the silence by saying," So all this time she's been acting that way around me because she is in love with me?! No wonder she has always given me the silent treatment and gotten all jealous when I had a girlfriend! Now the pieces fit perfectly into the puzzle. Welll I'm stupid, why couldn't I figure that out?!" I just looked at him and said, "I feel bad now, I shouldn't of told you." "No,no, no Katie it's fine. It was best if I found out. Anyways, as I was saying no wonder she's been treating me that way," he said.

"Okay, but I still feel bad," I said. "No it was the best thing you could do," he said. "Oh yeah and she said that she is totally cool with Alondra going over to have dinner with us and that I made her realize that what she feels for you is wrong. So so so wrong," I said. "Okay I'm glad she is. Thanks Katie," He said hugging me. "Hey that's what friends are for no need to thank me," I said knowing he was going to say I have to thank you anyway. " Yeah I know but I still have to thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. A million times thank you," he exclaimed hugging me tighter and giving me a kiss on the forehead.  "Okay, okay, okay Logan I get it. I can't breathe now. Please let go of me," I said. "Oops sorry Katie," he said releasing me. "Huh that's better," I said sighing and taking a deep breath.

"Okay let's go home now. I really need to talk to Naomi," he said. "Yeah let's go home," I said.