Chapter 57

Rinz's POV:

"Relax, everything is alright." Andre grabs my hand in his to try to comfort me.

"You think so?"

"I know so." He gives me a reassuring smile.

We were at the health center for our first prenatal check up.

"What do people even do at these visits anyways?"

"We get to see our baby." He says placing his hand on my belly. "Plus we get to see how your health is going."

"My health is fine."

"Oh?" He raises his eyebrow at me. "Getting dizzy and all?"

"That's normal, I googled it."

"Mhhm."

"Rinz Asensio?" A woman calls out.

I look over at Andre. He gets up from his seat and places his hand out for me to hold. I place my hand in his before we both start walking up to the woman and following her into the room. When we got to her room and settled down, she asked me how I was feeling both physically and emotionally. Andre and I asked any questions we had. After I told her how my pregnancy was going, she insisted that I would run some tests like measuring my blood pressure and weight. Then, we got to the good stuff. She told me to lay down on the bed and to lift my shirt up. She poured some gel on my stomach and rubbed it over to take a look at the baby inside of me through the ultrasound. Andre sat next to me through it all and never let go of my hand. The doctor looked at the screen ahead of her to check if everything is okay.

"Well?" I ask her.

I wanted to see our baby, that's what I'm mostly here for.

"Is everything okay?" Andre asks.

"Yes, everything is fine. The baby's position is perfect and so is its heartbeat."

I look over at Andre and I see him smiling big at the screen.

"W-well where is the baby?" He asks looking at the screen in confusion.

"The white part." She tells us as she points to the screen.

I could feel my eyes start to water. There is a part of me and Andre that will soon come to this world. I felt Andre squeeze my hand tighter.

"Can we find out the gender of the baby?" Andre asks her.

She chuckles at him. "That's for the next visit, when your fiance is in her 18th week. It's too early to determine now."

He lets out a sigh, clearly annoyed, but a smile soon shows up on his face as he stares at the screen.

"I bet it's a girl."

"Boy!" I exclaim.

The doctor chuckles at us once again before speaking. "I'll leave you two alone for a bit to watch your baby some more until I go print some pictures out for the you of two."

I nod my head at her and Andre thanks her.

"Can you believe it?" He asks me while he does not take his eyes off the screen. "We made that. We are going to be parents soon."

"I can't believe it." I say, staring at the screen in awe.

"I love you." He gently pecks my lips.

"I love you too." I smile at him. "Amor?"

"Yeah babe?"

"If we sneak this device out will anyone notice?"