Chapter 47

Andre's POV:

I look around for Rinz once I finish dancing with Lucia. The moment my eyes laid on her, I got so freaking disappointed, so disappointed that I ended up leaving the gathering and running upstairs to her room to lock myself up in.

How could she dance with Angel and not with me? He must be so damn important for her to say yes to him and not me. They were really close when dancing. If a random person looked at them they would have thought they were a couple or something. I know Angel likes Rinz. I'm a guy, I can tell when a guy likes a girl. It just makes me so damn jealous.

I lie in her bed and bury my face in her pillow.

All of a sudden, after some time, I hear someone walk in the room. I don't bother to lift my head up from the pillow to see who it is. I knew it was Rinz. As weird as it sounds, I knew it was her from the sound of her footsteps.

"Hey youuuu. What are you doing in bed on Christmas eve?" She playfully asks me.

I feel her sit next to me on the bed.

"Andre?"

I sit up and look away from her. I wipe my cheeks from the crying I had been doing. Yeah, I know. Whimp. But I can't stand the thought of losing her again.

"Andre? What's wrong?"

I don't answer her.

"Andre? I'm speaking to you."

Again, I don't answer her.

She places her hand on my cheek and I push her hand away from. Without even looking at her, I know she was hurt at my actions. I don't know why I am acting this way, but all I know is I feel something weird.

"Andre, why are you acting like this? Did something happen?"

"Please, I want to be alone."

"No, I'm not going to leave you alone. Tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing is wrong. I need to be alone."

"No you don't. I know you."

"Rinz..."

I look at her and she looks at me. Then, she leans into kiss me, but I move my face to the other side.

"Did I do something?"

I look at her and stay quiet. I could tell she couldn't stand the way I was acting. She wanted me to speak, but I'm just too jealous. When her eyes started to water, I tried my best to build up the courage to talk to her.

"Angel..." I start off.

"What about him?"

"You danced with him, but not with me?"

She closes her eyes and lets out a sigh. "Is this what everything is all about?" She asks me. "Angel is a friend Andre I swear."

"He seems to like you a lot."

"Yeah, I've told you before, he is my best friend. My first real friend ever since I was a baby."

"I don't mean he likes you as a friend, Rinz. I mean he likes you more than in a friendly way." I tell her.

"What?" She laughs. "Impossible. Do you know how long I've known him and he has never said anything to me about him liking me like that?"

"He doesn't have the courage to tell you."

She shakes her head at me. "Well, if that was the case then I don't care if he likes me. I only care about you." She says placing her hand on my cheek. "I love you and only you." She tells me.