19. Missing You

KENZIE'S POV

This week, honestly, has been stressful enough. We started this week with Vivi ditching us for her mother's studio. I really did think she wanted to be friends. I thought we had something. I was so happy she was there.

Guess she didn't think so. I get a duet with Nia, which is great, but I would much rather have done it with Vivi. I mean, Nia's great, and definitely more technical than Vivi, but Vivi was my best friend.

Then I learn she's entering a duet against us. With some girl named Kendall, who Maddie and Chloe have both beaten before. I'm feeling confident that we can win, but Abby doesn't. She screams at us all through rehearsal. Brooke starts getting really bad back pain, and we all start getting nervous because she's the lead of the dance. And it's acro, so it's not like we can replace her or anything.

And then we see Vivi dance. She isn't really doing anything new- in fact, she had to leave the group piece a few times because she couldn't do some of the moves. The duet is really sassy, something Vivi didn't have before, but the other girl definitely overpowers her. It's a disappointment for me. We could have done so much better, me and her.

Even worse was when she got offstage and hugged the girl. I had done the same last week after our duet. Now, it didn't seem that special. It was like Vivi had a new best friend. She didn't need me anymore. Of course. Nobody needs Mackenzie. Abby and the girls prefer Maddie over me. Even my mom does. Now Vivi doesn't want me anymore either. It's a lonely world.

We all want to beat her. She did a truly rotten thing, leaving us. I mean, I'm the only one who loses out here. But all I can do is put a smile on my face and walk onstage and wish everything could go back to the way it was last week.