CHAPTER 22

Chapter 22
Calm after the storm

              She was nervous...

Okay, no, that's an understatement, nervous is a total understatement, she was more than nervous, terribly, frighteningly, nerve-wrackingly nervous.

She knows it was stupid to feel nervous, but she was, she is. Chloe makes her undeniably nervous and having the chance of rejection is making Beca think that at any moment, she'll get a heart attack, an option that is not optional because its their first year anniversary and having a stroke is not something nice to gift your girlfriend of one year.

Chloe always makes her nervous, Beca is still unsure around the redhead from the first time she met the ginger and to this day. The brunette still gets embarrassed when she shows any semblance of sweetness and the redhead just gets this megawatt smile on her face as she pecks the brunette's entire face with soft loving kisses. Beca would always be concerned of the redhead whenever they make love, always asking if she's comfortable, if she wasn't hurting Chloe in anyway, if she was sated, if Beca could kiss her, all the things that makes the redhead smile up at the brunette like she's the most precious being in the entire planet, that having Beca was like a still a big surprise to Chloe.

A feeling that Beca could relate to very much. It was the two of them that are afraid of losing the other.

Beca knew she'll never stop being nervous, or afraid of hurting Chloe accidentally or not; or asking for permission, always trying to assure herself that Chloe chose to be with her, and that Chloe Beale, is happy with her.

So, flailing her fingers to get rid of the shaking, Beca waited by the entrance of the safe haven Chloe had made for them. The haven where they met, shared their deepest secret and fell in love with each other. The haven where the moon and the stars guarded them and where nature provided them the serenity only it can give.

She patted her back pocket and sigh in relief, it was still there. She shouldn't feel for it so occasionally, it burned a hole on her pocket, but she's pretty irrational too, so it wasn't out of normal to be nervous of losing that piece of tiny jewelry.

A glint of bright light coming from afar alerted Beca that Chloe was close, and by the noise, Beca knew Eloise and Amy are bickering again, the two never really got well together, they're just too... alike. Like her and Aubrey, she cringed at the thought of that.

"Have you ever noticed, that the white of the egg looks and feels the same like that white liquid that comes from our vagina... What's the chance that it's the same and we're enjoying-" Fat Amy's not so funny theory had Eloise and Chloe alike flailing and grumbling for her to shut up.

"Stop ruining food in my eyes, Jesus Christ, Patricia." Eloise scowl had gloomed her whole feature while Fat Amy narrowed her eyes when Chloe giggled.

"Patricia?" The ginger turned to whom she thought where Fat Amy was guiding her,"As in Patricia the Halloween Nudist? That girl who believed that Halloween curse where you have to run around town naked to avoid... Holy Cow, now I know why you left for both High School and College and became the 'long lost cousin' of Jesse Swanson." Chloe was dying of laughter now, Eloise joining in a moment later.

Amy though just grunted and didn't respond, Chloe then realized that they've reached the spot and she guessed that it was at the falls, her garden. The ginger felt hands untying her blindfold and smirked at Fat Amy who was glaring at her and subtly kicking Eloise on the dirt who was still laughing hysterically.