CHAPTER 5

Chapter 5
Sparks of Romance

                Dusk settled throughout Barden after a long day. Pink, blues, violets and oranges painted the evening sky as birds chirped and flew to their nest, employees finish up work and kids go home after a whole day playing under the sun.

Beca decided to leave her house around that time and arrived just when the light left the sky into a dark canvas with brilliant shining stars to color its horizon, the full moon shined brighter amongst it. She left Barden half an hour ago and was nearing the forest-y side of Atlanta when she arrived at her designated destination.

Beca waited a beat before she inhaled and gathered the courage to abandon her beat up Audi at the side of the road to walk through the woods, it was her mother's car and it looked normal and beat up enough to pass as a car with bad engine left at the side of the road by an owner looking for gas. Yes, she was smart not to bring her blazing hot Cadi.

Beca knew of all the Beale estates around Atlanta and the one where she was addressed to is one of the most secluded estates of Richard Beale and this was a gift to his daughter.

With a triumphant smirk, Beca managed to go over the metal fence and landed on her feet near an Oak Tree, she sure hope there was no dogs around. Finding her way around the CCTV camera's, Beca arrived below Chloe's window, under a Crape Myrtle tree. Looking back down on the paper Chloe gave her, Beca smirked.

Outside the lit cavern, a lone flower blooms,

Inside I'll wait, my night be doomed.

"How poetic..." Beca chuckled to herself as she picked up a pebble and gave the lone pink rose one final look before she threw the small rock on the windows surface.

It hit its target with a thud, a sound enough for Chloe to hear, but not enough to gain the attention of anyone else.

There was no Chloe though, so Beca settled a determined look on her eyes before she picked a few more pebble and threw it on the window one after another. She was down to her 10th pebble when she felt hands on her shoulder twirling her around before pinning her on the nearby tree.

The position was really familiar, only it was Chloe that was pinning her against the tree, hands on her waist and face barely an inch apart. Chloe had a large grin on her face before she put a finger in front of her mouth to indicate that they should be silent and pulled Beca slowly away from the tree and deeper into the garden behind Chloe's house, the redhead carefully ducking down and turning to look over her shoulder, making Beca cautious as well, though she was confused as to why.

"We found out about Marian and Alex around noon...My Aunt toppled over and dad couldn't decide whether to throw Marian to England or shoot your Uncle like a dear." Chloe quietly told the brunette behind her when they were out of the garden and into the forest, making Beca nervous.

"So now instead you're going to blackmail my uncle by holding me hostage in this weirdly peaceful look, torch-lit, forest?" Beca asked teasingly, though she was indeed nervous inside, the path they were following was torch-lit, the torches attached to poles to make sure there won't be any forest fires in the estate.

Chloe giggled as she lead the brunette to their destination, stepping over vines and tree roots, carefully looking through the path to avoid dangerous animals along the way, though she had been going back and forth the forest that afternoon, making sure her plan was perfect,"You somehow have contradicting characteristics, Beca Mitchell... When I first met you, you carry yourself with quirky but shy confidence and just yesterday, you all but seduced your way into my little heart... Are you always like this with girls you like?"