CHAPTER 10

Chapter 10
Bittersweet Romance

                "Either the two of you are plain stupid or entirely and truly in love , I don't know," Jesse said as he led her to a private room at Casa Swanson,"But I'm all for this, so you have my word that none of this will reach your dad or Richard Beale."

Beca smirked at her friend and chuckled,"Chill out, Swanson, I trust you." She patted his shoulder as he keyed the lock of the door.

"I'm just really nervous, dude, I never kept a secret from your dad... And this is pretty big, but not as massive as Sara's secret endeavors, huh." The brunette boy tried to joke, but the last sentence tapped Beca's interest and confusion.

"What?" She asked, both confusion and accusation clear in her voice as she followed him inside, but he abruptly stopped when Jesse realized what happened.

"Oh shit... You didn't know, did you?" He asked, then facepalmed,"Now I made it more obvious that I was supposed to keep my mouth shut."

"Jesse, what are you talking about?" She pressed, shoving him to a chair as she glared at the now very frightened man.

"I'm not suppose to say anything!" He exclaimed and tried to stand up, but Beca pushed him down again and leveled him with an icy-er glare.

"Tell me... or you'll be in a lot more trouble." Beca threatened and the guy, obviously shaken, gulped hard as he stared at Beca frightened.

For a small woman, Beca seemed very harmless, but really, people needs to realize that the words 'small, but terrible' and 'tiny, but frightening' exist for a reason. She was pretty deadly if provoked and when she says she'll do something, swears it to her blood, then you fucking bet she's serious and would inflict the outmost pain to anybody that dares to cross her.

"I swore that I wouldn't tell," Jesse started, but then quickly explained when Beca's impatient growl froze the atmosphere of the room,"But! I don't really work for her and you won't her murder me, right?"

"It defends, Jesse..." Beca told him, impatience clear in her voice as Jesse squirmed,"Are you going to tell?"

Jesse nodded immediately when Beca's eyes flashed, sitting a bit straighter,"Sara told me not to tell anybody when I caught her with Ava Sharpe..."

The shorter brunette frowned,"The FBI agent who's been on my father's tail for years?"

"Yeah..." He nodded frantically as Beca's eyes softened into a confused look, no longer staring daggers at him.

"Did she think if dad gets caught she'll get a free pass for dating that woman?" Beca snapped as she walked across the room.

She was there because she had to talk to Chloe and they agreed that Beca going to her estate with Aubrey there, despite the blonde and brunette having a common understanding, was not a good idea, especially with how spontaneous Richard Beale is becoming. She was the first there and waiting for Chloe's arrival.

"I don't think so, Becs..." Jesse sobered a litte, sitting up from the seat and pulling his collar, a bit embarrassed that he was frightened of a small alt girl,"They seemed... pretty serious about their relationship."

"Sara might be, but that Ava Sharpe could just be using her... We don't know for sure that the girl is as sincere." Beca grunted as she paced through the room.