43. Memory Lane

NIALL

"How much further?" I whine childishly.

He chuckles. "Roughly another ten miles." He says nonchalantly, and I almost choke on the oxygen I'm breathing.

"Ten miles?!" I shriek.

"Babe, you're on the track team and you can run like five miles without stopping, what's ten miles of walking?"

"It's ten miles." I say as though it's the most obvious thing in the world. "That's it, bend down." I say, pushing on his shoulder slightly.

"Right here? Babe, it's a little open for me to suck you off don't you think?" He teases, but bends down anyway as I feel a searing blush creeping up on my cheeks.

"I'm not asking you to suck me off you stupid toad." I smack his chest slightly, before moving behind him, then jumping on his back.

He huffs in surprise, his hands holding onto my thighs to support me up.

"Gosh, you're so heavy." He says, a teasing tone in his voice. "And I have to carry our lunch and you? What a big buffalo."

"Sod off. Just so you know, it's muscle weight." I defend myself, before reaching for the two bags of food and taking it from him. I dangle it from my wrist, wrapping my arms around his shoulder from behind, arms crossed across his chest, our cheeks pressed together gently.

"And just so you know, it's not really ten miles. It's just down the road."

"Good, so better get moving then." I grin.

"Lazy arse." He mutters. I grin cheekily, before reaching an arm down to pinch the non existent fats on his tummy.

"Fit fuck." I mutter under my breath, wrapping my arms back around him.

He chuckles, shifting my body up his back slightly.

"Did you ever have an ex flame back here in Cheshire?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"Honestly? I kinda had a thing for Justin before." He admits.

I can't help the small gasp of shock that spills from my lips. "That flap-mouthed cocky arse? Jed's brother?" I scoff.

He chuckles, nodding. "Believe it or not, he used to be a nice guy. I had a small crush on him, kissed once, and we had a thing for awhile." He tells me, and I can't help the small amount of jealousy brewing in me. I know it's stupid to be jealous over that twat. But sometimes, I just think to myself what it would be like if I actually met Harry earlier. We could have fallen in love earlier and maybe then, he wouldn't have that hard of a time going through what he went through.

"And well, that lasted until his ego got to his head. Constantly thought he was above everyone else." He tells me.

"Funny how we both used to date the same kind of guys huh? Cocky, ego-bursting douchebags who think they're the best." He snorts out a laugh at my words.

"Maybe it's because these wrong relationships teaches us how to recognise the right one when it comes." He mumbles with a soft smile. "And now I'm very sure I've got the best one." He says, then glances over to me slightly with a small smile. My heart shifts and turns and flutters and swells all at the same time at his words, leaving me speechless.

So instead, I simply kiss his cheeks gently, my lips barely grazing over his skin, because no amount of words can even express the way he makes me feel. It's crazy how when someone comes into your life, you don't expect anything out of it. But now, it's like you've got everything you've ever needed. Harry's all I ever want and need.