32. If I Could Fly

Surprise again yay!!

HARRY

I release a shaky sigh, letting my fingers run over the keys of the piano as I practice my song softly.

Over these past three, four months of knowing Niall, I've slowly come to this realisation... the more I try to keep him out of my heart, the easier it is for him to break the walls down. The more I hide my feelings for him, the harder I'd fall for him. And fuck, I really want to scream on the top of my lungs to tell him that I love him, that I'm in love with him, and I want to be loved by him.

But now... he's gone. He left because of those stupid mistakes I've made in the past.

"Really glad you could make it, Harry." Mrs Marthers suddenly speaks up, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I watch as her and two other males, the subject head and the dean, step into the room.

"Thank you for giving me a second chance." I say, smiling and nodding as politely as I could muster.

"Whenever you're ready yeah?" Mrs Marthers smiles kindly as she takes a seat behind a table together with the subject head and the dean. To say I'm starting to get nervous is an understatement. I'd much rather have a whole school of eyes on me rather than just two powerful men who have the power to kick me out of University after this if they don't like my song.

I gulp down the forming lump in my throat, taking a deep breath, before stealing a glance towards the door, in hopes of seeing Niall behind it, secretly listening in.. obviously he's not gonna to.

I sigh sadly, deciding to push the thoughts of Niall back for now. I inhale shakily, before finally letting my fingers press down and play the first few chords, music immediately filling the air.

"If I could fly... I'd be coming right back home to you. I think I might give up everything, just ask me to. Pay attention, I hope that you listen 'cause I let my guard down. Right now I'm completely defenceless."

I take a deep breath, before starting on the chorus. "For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart. For when you're lonely and forget who you are. I'm missing half of me when we're apart. Now you know me, for your eyes only. For your eyes only..."

"I've got scars even though they can't always be seen. And pain gets hard, but now you're here and I don't feel a thing.

Pay attention, I hope that you listen 'cause I let my guard down. Right now I'm completely defenceless... For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart. For when you're lonely and forget who you are. I'm missing half of me... when we're apart. Now you know me, for your eyes only... For your eyes only."

I quickly glance up at the table of three, to see them nodding in approval as I continue to sing and play the bridge.

"I can feel your heart inside of mine, I feel it, I feel it. I've been going out of my mind, I feel it, I feel it. Know that I'm just wasting time. And I... hope that you don't run from me." I breathe in deeply, slowly starting to feel the tears brimming by the corners of my eyes.

He already ran and left.

"For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart. For when you're lonely and forget who you are. I'm missing half for me when we're apart. Now you know me, for your eyes only. For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart. For when you're lonely and forget who you are. I'm missing half for me when we're apart. Now you know me, for your eyes only. For your eyes only.." I play the last few chords slowly, blinking as I finally let the stray tear spill.