52. Breaking Point, Breaking In

NIALL

"Niall, mate, c'mon. You've been stuck in this room for three whole days." I hear Louis' voice call from the other side of the door, before there's a long string of knocks.

"Leave me be." I grumble sadly.

"No, Niall. All of us are worried for you. Just open up and we'll talk, please? Maybe I can help."

"I don't want to talk. I'm fine." I say stubbornly.

"Ni, it's nearly ten at night. And you haven't eaten anything since the breadcrumbs you had for breakfast. Yesterday. You need to eat something, please?"

I don't answer him, curling myself further into Harry's bed.

"Do you think Harry would want to see you doing this to yourself?" He asks softly.

I still don't give him an answer. I couldn't. Because I know it for myself that Harry would freak out if he finds out I'm not eating. But honestly, I don't really care. What's the point if he's not even here to do anything about it? What's the point if I might never have to see Harry again?

I hear a loud sigh on the other side. "Fine, whatever, if you wanna sulk all day and starve yourself to death without thinking of a way to work with Harry, I have nothing to say."

I scowl at the door, even though he can't see me. How can he even say that to me? He has no idea what's going through my mind, he doesn't know how much I'm suffering and breaking inside without Harry by my side. He doesn't know how hard it is to actually 'work' with Harry because he doesn't even know the full story.

"I'm leaving a pack of Nandos outside. Eat it before the rats do." Was the last thing he said, before I start to hear his footsteps walking away.

**

I find myself walking to Louis' house in the middle of the night against my better judgement, but my body and my heart is unable to take it anymore.

If it isn't Harry, the next best person I can explode my feelings to is Louis. Maybe I should have listened and let him in earlier. Maybe then I wouldn't feel like my entire body is about to explode with overwhelming emotions; maybe then, I wouldn't be where I am now, at my breaking point.

"Niall?" A loud yawn leaves his lips. "It's two in the morning, Ni. What're you doing here?"

"Can I stay the night Lou?" I ask weakly, sniffling as I let a few tears spill from my eyes.

He looks at me, features softening slightly before nodding.

"Yeah, yeah sure. Come in, bud." He opens the door wider for me while I toe off my shoe.

"Go freshen up, you know where everything is. I'll set up your mattress." He tells me.

I nod, smiling weakly. "Thanks Lou."

I do as he says, making my way towards the bathroom, doing whatever I need to be doing. I strip down to my boxers before heading to Louis' room where I'll be resting for the night.

By the time I get back there, Louis is already face down on his bed, snoring softly.

I sigh. I guess I'll be doing the talking tomorrow. I lie down on the mattress laid next to the bed, pulling the thin blanket up to my chin.