51. The Ringmaster

Here's your double update!! X

NIALL

I cuddle my jacket tighter around me, tucking my hands into each of the sleeves and crossing my arms across my chest to keep me warm from the chilly night air.

Sighing, I stare at the pub coming up before me, already being able to hear the loud chatters from inside.

Well, at least he didn't decide to meet me in some remote area where he can easily kill me or some shit.

Pushing open the door to the pub, my eyes glance around the dim area. There aren't a lot of people, but they're all still loud and rowdy nonetheless.

I spot Edward's familiar blonde curls by the back booth, where he's laughing and chatting up some lad who's sitting on his lap.

I breathe out a deep sigh, willing myself not to chicken out and run.

"Let's just get this done and over with." I whisper to prep myself.

If anything happens, kick him in the balls and sprint away.

Ed's green eyes catches mine once I'm close enough, the smile on his lips stretching into a smirk instead as he lets his green eyes rake me from head to toe.

"I didn't really think you'd come, babe. You must really want to see him." He says, before gesturing for the lad to get off his lap.

He nods, climbing off Ed's lap, giving him a small, seductive wink before leaving.

I roll my eyes, taking a seat opposite him, at the far end of the booth, just in case there's a need for me to run.

He chuckles softly. "Why're you sitting so far? I won't bite."

I roll my eyes once more. "I'm here. Now just tell me what happened to Harry."

He laughs humourlessly. "Without actually doing anything for me?" He raises a brow. "We have a whole night together, babe. Why're you rushing? Here, have a drink." He slides over a tall pint of beer over to me.

I narrow my eyes suspiciously at him. "I didn't spike it if that's what you're thinking. I'm not that much of an arsehole." He says.

I scoff. "I beg to differ." I say, pushing the drink back to him.

"Suit yourself." He shrugs casually.

"Now tell me what happened." I demand.

He raises his glass, chugging down a large gulp of his beer.

"Harry's under house arrest and he's marrying Stacey." He simply says, shrugging.

"Don't you think I fucking know that?" I snap, watching as he smirks, obviously amused by all of this. He slams his drink back down onto the table, wiping his lip with the back of his palm.

"What's that father of yours hanging over his head?" I ask sharply.

He chuckles, shaking his head. "My father? No no no, I think you meant your father."

I start to turn livid, my entire body going hot in anger. But as much as it hurts, I feel like I should have expected it. I knew he was lying earlier, but him to be the one that masterminded everything, it hurts even more.

"My father, huh?" I mumble. "What is it then?"

"Simple. You." He says.

Before I could ask further, I watch how his eyes flicker to something behind me, the corner of his lips twitching into a slight smirk.