31. Pasts

So yayyyy I finally decided I'm going to change the title of the story!! I was actually supposed to do it the last chapter but I forgot oops but i'll change it in the next chapter just so you guys know it's the same story haha. Here's the new cover :)

have a good friday everyone :) xxx

HARRY

"You hungry? Wanna grab something to eat?" I ask Niall as we walk down the hallway to take us out to the main courtyard of campus.

"Yes please!! Nandos?" He asks with a hopeful smile.

"Of course." I smile. "You can-"

"Harry!" Someone suddenly calls. "Harry, wait!" I turn around in confusion, only to see Mrs Marthers brisk walking towards us. A small sigh leaves my lips.

Mrs Marthers makes her way towards us, panting slightly. "Harry do you know how much-"

"Mrs Marthers, I know what you're gonna say. And I'm sorry, you can fail me all you want. But I couldn't leave him." I cut her off. I can see Niall from the corner of my eye shooting me a confused look, but I keep my gaze steady on Mrs Marthers.

She sighs, glancing over to Niall for a second before turning her attention back to me. "Is this him?" She asks softly. My features soften, before I'm nodding slowly.

She smiles weakly. "This afternoon, 4PM sharp at the music studio. I managed to persuade the subject head to give you another chance at your performance instead of kicking you out of university. He only agreed because I allowed him and the dean to watch you perform, said he wanted to see why I bothered fighting for you to still be studying here." I breathe out a sigh of relief, nodding.

"Thank you so much Mrs Marthers, I won't let you down."

She smiles, then nods. "I'll see you this afternoon Harry. And don't be late." With that, she gives me a last smile before heading off.

"What was that about?" Niall asks as we start to walk back out of campus.

"My performance." I sigh out. "I kinda backed out last Friday night."

"Your performance? Why'd you-" his eyes widen as realisation settles in him. "Oh." Guilt washes over his features. "Shit Harry... I'm sorry. I didn't... You didn't have to-"

"Don't feel guilty about it bub." I cut him off with a reassuring smile. "I couldn't possibly leave you in pain, could I?" I say gently.

"Yeah, but... you could've failed the class, Harry. You almost got kicked out of uni." He argues.

I sigh, nodding as I take his hand in mine gently, then raising it up to press my lips against the back of it. "I know..." I breathe out. "But you were more important to me than a silly performance, Niall. You were in pain, I couldn't just leave you." I murmur.

He sighs, directs his gaze down at our laced fingers, giving them a small squeeze before he looks back up at me, his eyes glistening brightly.

"Can I at least sit in to watch then?" He asks coyly.

My lips stretch into a smile, before I nod slowly. "Definitely. I promised you you could listen, didn't I?"

The smile I love so much spreads across his face, and the glint in his eyes shine brighter. His lips touch mine tenderly, sending both my heart and mind into overdrive. Oh man, I'm whipped.

»»»

"Hey, I didn't really know what your favourite is so I got you a half chicken with mild peri peri sauce, with extra sauce of course, chips, salad— because that's good for you, and a large coke, and also, chocolate cake for after." I place the large tray of food down onto the table, watching in amusement as Niall eyes the food hungrily, practically drooling.