Chapter 3: Selling Your Soul for a...

Start from the beginning

I pushed it away, today was weird. First, I had this chill run down my spine when I entered that food store. Then it was this new girl I met during my performance.

She wasn't even raising her hand, why did I pick her. And more importantly, why did I use my magic on her?

Well, you did feel something when you saw her.

Well, maybe the God of Today or whatsoever suddenly thought to himself, "Oh look, Dipper is getting too comfortable, let me mess up today for him!" if that was the case, I really hate this God.

Stop blaming others.

Will, our pet demon, shifted in his place nervously. That was when I remembered something.

Ugh.

He can hear my thoughts.

Forgot that too.

I gave myself a mental facepalm and stood up.

"I'll be in my room if you need me."

"But we just lost a perfectly good guinea pig!! Is that all you are going to say?"

I sighed, Mabel can be so childish. I don't even know what she does with the people we caught. They just end up dead after a few days.

"Fine. Fine. Will, screw you," I said impatiently, "happy now?" Without waiting for her response, I stormed out the basement.

I made my way to the staircase to my room but stopped. I wanted to know something. I wanted to know who this girl is, she seemed kinda important, considering she was the first person to ever escape.

Maybe the God of Today is sending me a sign. What's up with my obsession with the God of Today?

Maybe the God of...OH HEAVENS, STOP IT DIPPER!!

After I gave myself a good mental scolding, I went out of the manor silently. I was going to get to the bottom of this mess, and nothing it going to stop me, not even the God of Today.

<Your POV>
"K, here is your apartment, right?" Gideon pulled up into a familiar looking driveway. You nodded, relieved to seeing your house.

You were really tired, after all, you have done nothing but walk around for the entire day.

After thanking Gideon and walking into the house, you quickly changed into your PJs and made your way up. The house you rented was quite big, a two-storey building that has 6 rooms.

You were about to step up the first steps when the doorbell rang. Who could it be at this late hour? Maybe I forgot something and Gideon came back.

With that in mind, you wrapped a scarf around your PJs and opened the door, directing your vision downwards and expecting to see the rather short Gideon.

Well, you saw someone in a blue vest over a white dress shirt and black trousers, Dipper Gleeful.

A chain of feelings and thoughts attacked you at once.

Wait, Dipper?

The Dipper?

What is he doing here?

What?

Wait, is this real?

I'm in my pajamas...

He smells like cologne...

You were kinda embarrassed of that last thought.

"You must be Miss (L/N), I am just checking to see if you were alright," he greeted, giving you a slight bow.

You were speechless, not knowing what to think. He seems nicer than how Gideon, Pacifica or that blue-haired guy said.

"You must be a little shook from that experience, I apologise if it gave you inconveniences," he continued.

"Um...yeah," you muttered.

What? 'Yeah'? (Y/N), you should be doing better than this!

"You know, at first, I thought you are not like this," you said before you could stop yourself. Dipper raised an eyebrow.

"You may need to further explain."

Curse my fast mouth! You figured that since you started it, you might as well finish it.

"I thought you were like, um"

"Evil?" he guessed.

You don't know how to answer. Usually, you are very quick-witted and can answer to any conversation. But there was something about Dipper. He was like that teacher in school that get everyone to shut up by looking at them.

"Well..." You reached up to fiddle with your necklace. It wasn't there. Where did it go? You looked down, it cannot be seen.

That necklace was very important to you, it was a parting gift from your older brother that died of cancer. (If you have an older brother, please do not feel offended. This is for the story only.)

"Did you lose something?

"Yeah..."

"A necklace?" You paused. How did he know.

"You dropped it at my house." Ohhhhhh.

"Thank you," you said, putting your hand out, asking for the necklace back.

"Oh, you want it back?" there was a sudden change in his tone. He wasn't nice or a gentleman anymore. Instead, he sounded like an average school bully.

"You can have it back..." he gave a dramatic pause, "but you have to do something." He had a smirk playing at the side of his otherwise straight face.

Maybe they were right about him. Your trust in him started falling apart.

Taking your silence as agreement, he continued, "You just have to ask for it."

You didn't think that it was that easy.

"And go on a date with me," he added cheekily. You did not want that. Number one, you did not expect to get a date from someone that stays in another country. Number two, you did not expect a date on the first day of a vacation. And Number three, the warnings that Pacifica and the blue-haired guy gave you were starting to make sense.

However, the necklace was very important to you. It never left your neck.

"Fine," you agreed reluctantly. For the necklace.

"Perfect. I'll meet you here at 4 PM tomorrow. Good night, Miss (L/N)," he raised your hand and kissed your fingers and left, leaving you not knowing how to react.

Realisation starting sinking in, you just got a date with a complete stranger...for a necklace.