I Knew You Were Trouble

THEN

I open my eyes slowly and take a look around the room that I'm in. Where am I? How did I get here? What happened last night? Last night...Suddenly, all the memories splash into my head. I remember the gunshots and the curly-haired boy yelling at me to run. I put my head into my hands and think about my next move. What am I supposed to do after this? Act like nothing happened? No, that's impossible. I need answers or else my head will explode.

The clock reads 10 a.m. I get up from the bed and shower. I put a blue dress on and brush my hair lazily. As soon as I'm about to leave the room, my phone buzzes. It's a text from Josh. ''I hope you have fun there. I miss you xx.'' I quickly text him back saying that I was fine and I was having a great time. I didn't say I missed him, though.

I step out of the door, walking towards the elevator. I push the button and wait impatiently. I check the hallway to see if the curly-haired boy, that I still don't know his name, is around. He's not.

I see my parents eating breakfast and I approach them.

''Morning, sweetheart, come on, sit.'' My father says.

I smile and sit on a chair in front of them.

''You slept a lot today, how's that?'' asks my mum.

''I guess I was tired.'' I reply. At least that's not a lie.

''You know, you should go and get some fresh air, today it's a beautiful day and I think it was wrong to punish you yesterday.'' My dad mumbles.

I look at him trying to cover my guilt for what I did last night with a fake smile. I'm not even in the mood to go out today after last night's ''incident''. I was about to say that I wasn't feeling well to go out when I see the curly-haired boy coming out of the elevator.

''You know, you're right. I really need a walk right now. See you later''. I say and leave following the boy out of the hotel. When we are far enough from the hotel I speed up and tap my finger on his shoulder. He turns around and smirks.

''I need some answers. What the hell happened last night?'' I snap and cross my arms.

His smile disappears and he raises his eyebrow "You were there too, you know.''

''I heard gunshots. Don't even deny it, I know what I heard. So you better tell me the truth or else--.''

''Or else what?'' he chuckles and comes closer to me.

He takes me by surprise. I open my mouth to talk but I'm not sure what to say.

''I told you that place is dangerous. You shouldn't have come there again but you did. So, the real question is why did you go there again?'' he speaks before I had the chance to find something to threaten him with.

''I...I was looking for you last night and... I was just hoping that I'd find you there.'' I mutter uncertain and feel my cheeks redden.

''Why were you looking for me?'' he asks and gives me a sexy smile.

''I...I just wanted to thank you for helping me when I was lost.'' I say and look down. He's still very close to me and I'm feeling very uncomfortable. Following him was a really bad idea.

''Was that the only thing you wanted to tell me or was it something else too?''

''You...you never told me your name.'' I whisper.

He grins but I avoid his gaze.

''If it is so important for you, my name is Harry.''

''That's a beautiful name.''

He raises his eyebrow and that's when I realize that I said that out loud.

''I mean..uuh, I just-''

''It's ok.'' He interrupts me. ''Do you wanna walk?'' he asks.

''That depends. Are you willing to tell me what happened last night or not?'' I cross my hands.

''I can try, I guess.'' He responds and raises his shoulders.

We start walking near the beach and none of us tries to break the silence. I speak first.

''So, I'm listening.''

''Well, there's a gang in this area and they are dangerous. They always carry with them guns and that kind of stuff...that's all you need to know.'' He simply says without making eye contact.

''I wanna know more. How do you know them and why I heard gun shots last night?''

He huffs and puts his fingers thought his curls. ''You won't let go of it, will you?'' I shake my head as a reply and he continues. '' I was in a bar last week and got a little drunk. When I decided to return to my hotel, I heard something like screams near the entrance and went to see what was going on. That's when I noticed a guy having his hands on a girl at your sort of age and I defended her.'' He explains.

''How exactly did you defend her?'' I ask a little bit sarcastically but he doesn't notice.

''Got into a fight with him. I think I left him bleeding and it turned out that he was part of this local gang. They located me in the hotel and that's all of it.''

I take some seconds to realize what he said to me.

''Oh my God, are you in danger? Did they try to kill you last night?'' I yell hysterically and held my breath.

''Kind of, I guess but they failed, as you see, I'm safe and sound. I can defend myself. '' He sounds very calm unlike me that I'm freaking out. I recalled last night's events and shiver. I was there last night. The gun shots were real and I could have been killed. I was so stupid going there again.

''Why didn't you change hotel?'' I whisper. My voice barely audible.

''There's no point of changing hotel. They gonna find me anyway and there's no way I'm gonna screw my holidays up because of them.''

''Aren't you scared of what they might do to you if they find you?'' I ask with disbelief.

''Last night I went there because I wanted to talk and make peace with them but I should have known better. When I saw you standing there exposed, I couldn't really believe that you came back again after my warning.''

''You really need to leave the island it's not safe. How can you be so unruffled?'' I scream.

''Don't tell me you're worried about me.'' He groans.

I open my mouth to deny it but he stops me.

''As I said before I can defend myself I know how to play dirty too.''

A crazy thought passes through my mind. ''Do you have a gun?'' I ask hesitantly.

He doesn't answer and I take it as a yes. ''Ohh my God you really own a gun?'' I say loudly. He stops walking and looks at me straight in the eyes.

"I told you what you wanted to know. Now, go and keep yourself out of trouble. I'm done saving you!'' he shouts and walks away from me with his hands in his pockets.