Terrible Things

NOW

I take a deep breath as I walk with Haley through the entrance of the school. I try not to think and concentrate to what Haley is saying but it's impossible.

Harry turned up yesterday and I know that he came here to stay. The fact that I can't do anything to prevent him makes me even angrier.

''Are you listening to what I'm saying?'' Haley frowns.

''Sorry I was just--.''

''What the hell is wrong with you? You've been acting strange lately.''

''I know, I know.''

''What does that supposed to mean? Is everything all right with Josh? Did you see him yesterday?''

''Yeah, I did but we...broke up.'' I mumble hesitantly.

''Wait, what?'' she looks at me like I'm a fool. As we enter the front door and walk down at the aisle I feel like everyone is staring at me. ''What the fuck happened? That's why you left early yesterday without explanation?''

I nod and look at the ground. ''I just couldn't do this anymore.''

''You mean that you broke up with him? Oh, girl, you shouldn't have done that, he is Josh Newman!''

''I know who he is, Haley, he is just an ordinary boy who thinks that he owns the world but he doesn't. He is just a jerk who broke my heart and I realized that I deserve someone who treats me right!''

''Ok, but you know that he won't leave it there. No one had ever dumped Josh Newman before. You better watch you're back.''

''He is not gonna kill me, Haley, for God's sake!'' I snap.

''Whatever, see ya at lunch.'' She waves with her fingers and heads to class as the bell rings for the first period.

The threatening gazes continue until lunch time and make me feel embarrassed. I'm heading to my locker when I hear a group of girls gossiping.

''Ohh my God, I can't believe she dumped him. She is not even beautiful.'' I hear a girl saying as I walk by. I rush to my locker trying to hold my tears.

I can hear them laughing and someone says '' She is so pathetic.''

I put my books into my locker and leave quickly as the tears are falling on my cheeks.

I go to my bathroom and lock myself in the toilet. Fortunately, no one is here. I just let myself cry till my sobs fade.

I hate him as hell. How could he do that to me? Who knows what else he spread around about me.

I feel my phone in my back pocket vibrates and I see that I have a message from Ally. ''Come to the cafeteria, NOW!''

I unlock the door and look myself in the mirror. I remove the stains of mascara underneath my eyes and my feet lead me to the cafeteria.

When I go in I feel like the whole school is staring at me. Everybody stops talking when I step in and whispers spread around the tables.

I see my friends sitting at a table in the back and Sam waves at me to come there. I start waking quickly near the tables trying to ignore the whispers behind my back. I finally approach my friends' table and sit next to Ally.

''What's up?'' I say and put on my fake smile trying to sound like nothing is going on, without success.

''Are you fucking kidding me? I can't believe you didn't tell us.'' Sam protests.

''I was about to but-''

''Whatever, that's not the point. Look at this.'' Ally says and gives me her phone.

On the screen I see a post on Facebook saying; ''Kim Agron is a bitch that cheated on Josh Newman with a drug user while she was on vacation. I can't believe he dumped the leader of the football team. Who does she think she is? She is not even beautiful.''

I open my eyes widely as I see the comments below.

''Bitch.''

''What a loser.''

''She definitely had sex with the drug user.''

I stop reading and drop the phone from my hands.

''Are you ok?'' Haley asks concerned.

I don't reply, mostly because I don't know what to say.

''Kim, is it true?'' Ally asks and puts her arm around my shoulder.

''I mean he...he is not a drug user he is...he...'' I'm at a loss for words. I can't believe what's happening.

''So it is true. Is that why you dumped Josh? Because of the drug user?''

''He is not a drug user, Sam. He is the most wonderful person in the world!'' I scream receiving glares from all over the cafeteria. The tears start falling from my eyes again and this time I can't stop it. I grab the phone again to see who is responsible for this and the answer slaps me on the face; Liz Rose, Josh's ex uploaded this. I feel the anger bursts in my whole body and I squeeze my nails in my skin.

''Kim, you need to relax, ok?'' She is just being mean because they made up again.''

''Ally! You weren't supposed to say that.'' Haley says and tweaks Ally's arm.

''Oups!''

''When did that happen?'' I snap.

''Probably yesterday.'' Sam answers.

''When did he find the time? We broke up yesterday and-'' I stop as I remember what he told me yesterday. ''You gonna regret this!'' his words splash through my mind and I lean my head on the table.

''I hate him. I fucking hate him!'' I yell and I feel the blood boils in my veins.

''Kim, please. Calm down.'' Ally almost begs and takes me into a big hug. I hug her back. When I feel better I release myself from her.

I look around and my eye catches Liz sitting on Josh's lap staring at me and giggling with something that he said.

''Just ignore them. They are not worth it.'' Sam says taking my hand into hers and I nod.

''So, who is the boy that made you split with the most popular guy in our school? Is he hot?'' Ally asks with curiosity after some minutes.

''For God's sake, Ally. Now it's not the time.'' Sam frowns giving Ally a warning look.

"I'm gonna tell you everything one day. I promise.'' I say and that's the most honest thing that I have said for days.