First Date

THEN

I am sitting in the balcony of our room watching the sea, trying to control my nerves. Who does he think he is to forbid me seeing Jonathan or whoever else I want? It's none of his business. He has better problems to be occupied with. I wish I had asked Jonathan for his number.

The door opens and my mum sits on a chair next to me.

''You ok?'' she asks raising an eyebrow.

''Yup, why wouldn't I be?'' I mutter.

''You know this island means a lot to me and your father and we really trying to have a great time here so stop being so moody.'' She says strictly.

''What's so special about this island, anyway?''

My mum huffs and looks at me in the eyes.

''I'll tell you a story.'' She mumbles.

Great, and I thought that things couldn't get worse.

''It was about fifteen years ago when a girl after graduating from university she decided to go on vacation with her girl-friends in this island. She fell in love with the island from the first time she saw it. One day she decided to go out with her friends to have fun and find...company. They went to a bar next to the beach which was very popular then. Her friends were already flirting with someone and she was alone drinking her drink admiring the sea not caring about anything else. Suddenly, one young man a little bit older than her sat next to her. She fell in love with him the second that he saw him. He was there for business as he told her. One thing brought to the other and they ended up walking by the beach talking about their dreams. They went out every day after they met but the days were falling off and the time to say goodbye had come. He took her to the airport but he didn't let her go even when her flight was called. Before she could protest he kneeled and brought a diamond ring out of his pocket asking her to marry him. She couldn't be more happy in her life. She said 'yes' even though she didn't know him well enough. They are married and have a child now. Even after so many years they feel the luckiest people in the world because the found each other.'' She finishes her story waiting for my reaction.

''That was you and dad, right?'' I whisper.

She takes my hand and squeezes it. ''I just wanted you to know how we met.'' She smiles.

''You loved him from the first time you saw him?'' I ask with disbelief and she nod.

''That's why you wanted to come here. I see it now.'' I say.

''We hadn't come here since the first time we met and we really wanted to make you love this island as much as we do.'' She smirks.

''I like the island, mum. I really do.'' I smile.

She stands up and kisses my forehead before going into the room again.

I wake up the next day feeling full of energy. I get up and take a quick shower. I check my phone and see that I have a new text. ''Hey, beautiful. You wanna hang out?'' Josh x''

Ohh my God, he texted me. I text him back. ''Sure, I'd like to.'' I write and send it. I immediately get a reply ''Good I'll be in your hotel in fifteen minutes.''

I smile as I read his response. If Harry wants me to stay away from Jonathan then I have to go out with him. I think about Josh and feel a bit bad, but he cheated on me and I just want to hang out with Jonathan to make Harry jealous. Wait, what? Do I really want to make him jealous? Why am I even thinking about him? I can't deny it to myself, though. I want to make him jealous even if that means to go out with Jonathan who seems a nice guy but he isn't my type, I guess.