Good Girls Are Bad Girls That Haven't Been Caught

THEN

I wake up the next day feeling refreshed. God, I needed that sleep. I watch the time from the clock on the wall. It's 10:37 a.m. I'd lie in bed all day and relax if it was up to me. My thoughts go to the curly-haired boy. I didn't even had the chance to thank him but we're staying at the same hotel so I'll surely see him around. I don't know his name though...

''Morning, princess. How was your sleep?'' says my dad as he enters the room.

''The best that I ever had in my whole life. Where's mum?''

''Having breakfast downstairs. I came to wake you but you're already up as I see.''

''Yup, I'll get ready and I'll join you in a bit, ok?'' I say and smile at him.

''Sure, darling. Take your time.'' He responds and leaves.

I put my pillow above my head and yawn. After a couple of minutes I decide that it's time for me to get dressed. I get up with difficulty and head to the bathroom. I stare in the mirror. As I expected, I look terrible. I can't understand why my dad calls me princess. I'm not in the least beautiful. The mascara is all over my face and my hair is tangled. I take a quick shower and renew my make-up. My mum had already put my clothes in the wardrobe. I put a casual blue dress and my platforms on. I comb my hair and leave the room. Before I take the elevator to go downstairs I search at the aisle for the curly-hair boy but he is nowhere to be found.

I head to the dining room and check again if he is eating breakfast but I don't see him around. I approach my parents that have already finished their food.

''How late I am?" I ask.

''Not at all, sweetie, come on, take a seat. We have already order for you pancakes, your favorite. '' My mum grins happily.

''Thanks.'' I sit opposite them and put the plate with the pancakes in front of me. I start eating my food with pleasure but I stop when I realize that none of my parents are talking, something really unusual. I put my plate aside and gaze at them.

''What's wrong?'' I ask and cross my arms around my upper body.

They look at each other for some minutes when my mum decides to start first.

''We just wanna know what happened last night, sweetheart. Your father and I got really worried about you. You had never done something like this before and then we saw that boy behind you-''

''What are you talking about, mum; it's not what you think it is. I was lost last night and he just saw me standing there alone in the dark and asked if I needed help. He is actually staying at the same hotel as we do. You can ask at the reception.'' I protest.

''What's his name?'' my father asks with disbelief.

''I...I don't know. I never had the chance to ask him because she showed up from nowhere, shouting and crying-'' I say pointing at my mum but my father interrupts me.

''That's enough.'' He yells. "Who do you think you are to talk like this to your mother?''

''I didn't mean to-''

''No, we both had enough with your attitude the last hours. You're not going out today!'' he continues.

''Wait, what? Don't you believe me?'' I ask louder.

''We're not sure what to believe anymore, honey.'' My mother whispers, uncertain.

''I can't believe that you think I am lying about this.''

''It is not that we don't trust you, but teens at that age make stupid things that regret in the future and it is our job to make sure you're safe and that means that you need to keep your distance from- whoever that boy is.'' my father explains to me.

''And that's the reason you're punishing me?''

''Well, yes. Just for today you're not allowed to go out.''

''That's insane. It doesn't even make sense.'' I frown and leave without saying anything else.

Some hours later...

''Honey, we're leaving. Call us if you need anything, ok?" I hear my mum saying but I don't reply. I'm laying on my bed and have my back turned to her.

She huffs and continues ''We won't be late but in case that you need-''

''Carol, she will be fine. That's the best for her and you know it. Come on.'' my dad cut her off.

As soon as I hear the door close, I get up quickly and check my phone. It's 7:28 p.m. and I have two messages from Josh and Haley. I ignore them and go to the bathroom.

I change into a mini night dress and high heels. I straighten my hair and put some make-up on. When I'm done I look myself in the mirror and smile. For the first time after weeks I feel pretty. Well, almost...

I don't care about my parents warnings. I'm about to find the curly haired boy even if that means that I will be grounded for the rest of my life. I don't know why I'm doing this but in a way it feels right...

I leave the room behind me and go downstairs. I wish that he hasn't stayed in the hotel tonight and start walking.

I'm looking around as I am strolling in the city center but I can't see him anywhere.

Finally, my steps lead me once again at the same beach as yesterday. I can see the sunset and all the colors that the sky has before the moon comes out. Someone turns the music on from the club which is some feet away from me. 'Boulevard of broken dreams' by Green Day is on. I love that song so much... I start singing along until it's over.

The time has already passed and I'm a little disappointed because I can't find him. Why I am so obsessed with that boy? I have no idea but I won't stop until I find him. I try to think where I would go if I were him but I don't know anything about that person. Not even his name to predict where he might be...

I decide to check one last place before I go back to my hotel. The place where we met yesterday...I don't have anything to lose, anyway.

It isn't too hard to find my way as I had been making circles around this place for hours last night. I look around but I can't make out anything besides the trashcan that I had seen yesterday.

I turn to leave when a hand covers my mouth and pushes me behind the trashcan. I try to scream but I can't as the hand is still on my mouth.

''Calm down, it's me.'' says the person behind me. It's a familiar voice. I turn slowly around as he let go of me.

''What the hell you think you're doing?'' I ask a little bit louder than I should have.

''Shhh!'' he says bringing his finger on his mouth. ''Be quiet, they might hear you.''

''Who can hear me?'' I ask.

''What are you doing here? I thought I was pretty clear yesterday when I told you that this is a dangerous place? Why did you come back?'' he spits, avoiding my question.

I hear steps come closer to us and before I realize what is going on the curly-hair boy yells ''Run, now!'' and pushes me.

I obey and start running in the direction that he showed me. Soon after, I hear something similar to... gun shouts? I panic and run as fast as I can.

I arrive at the hotel within minutes. My heart is beating faster than ever. I don't stop running until I reach my room. I take my dress off and collapse on my bed trying to cover my sobs with the pillow...