Slave To The Rhythm

NOW

"Sam! Stop touching my stuff, I told you a thousand times!'' I protest.

''Fine.'' She huffs.

''Try this on.'' Ally says to me and gives me a mini black dress.

I quickly change into it and surprisingly it fits.

''You look hot in it. If only Josh could see you--''

''First of all I don't look hot and secondly don't ever mention Josh again.''

''Whatever.'' Sam rolls her eyes.

''Okay, stop! Kim, you look stunning and Sam stop teasing her!'' Haley says loudly. ''Now if you're ready get your asses in the car!''

Ally and Sam start walking downstairs leaving me and Haley alone in my room.

''That's the worst idea ever!'' I whisper.

''No, it is not. We will have fun and it will help you get your mind off all this drama.'' She explains and hands me a bottle of vodka that I gladly accept and take some sips.

''I still have a bad feeling about this, Hal. I mean, what if Josh and Liz are there? What am I supposed to do then?''

''Be fabulous and smile.'' She smirks and I hit her arm. ''Just relax. We're going to a party, cheer up!'' she teases me.

''I'll try.''

''Good. Now, move it or else we will be late again.'' She says and starts walking to the door.

''Hal?''

''What is it?''

''Um, I...I didn't tell Harry that I'd go to a party tonight and--''

''Oh, come on, Kim, he can't control your life! You're allowed to do whatever you want, whenever you want, whether he likes it or not!'' she yells.

''You know what? You're right. Let's get the party started.'' I say with enthusiasm that I don't feel at all.

''That's the spirit, girl.'' She laughs and heads downstairs. ''Come on!''

''Coming!'' I shout. ''I'm gonna regret this.'' I whisper to myself.

When we get there, the loud music pierces my ears and I blink a couple of times to make my eyes adjust to the bright lights that are placed in the house.

''I thought you said it would be a small party!'' I yell into Haley's ear so she can hear me over the music.

''Did I?'' she yells back, teasing me.

''I'm gonna kill you!'' I scream but she is already out of sight. I'm already feeling dizzy due to the fact that I drank the half bottle of vodka while we were in the car with the girls.

It is too dark to see clearly but I can assume that I'm in the living room of a house that I don't recognize. I take a quick look of the place and soon after I notice that there is no furniture around. Probably everything is transferred to make more room. There are many familiar people from my school that I casually greet. I make my way to the kitchen so I can grab something to drink.

When I open the door the strong lights blind me. I wait until my eyes adjust before I take a red cup and pour some beer in it from a barrel placed on the counter. The kitchen isn't as crowded as the living room but there are quite a few people already drunk, making a fool of themselves. I take a sip of my drink and the hot liquid burns down my throat. I drink some more and I end it up in three gulps.

I turn around to leave when someone grabs my hand from behind.

"What the hell you're doing here?" a familiar voice asks.