Chapter 2: Dragon Season

We swiftly knocked on the Master's office as we arrived. "Master, we wish to speak with you."

"Come in."

We ushered ourselves inside the spacious office. I walk towards the Master Makarov's table with Erza in tow and took a seat.

"What seems to be the problem this time, Mira?" Master Makarov ask looking like he was expecting a troubling news about his rowdy children in the guild.

"It's not that, Master." Erza spoke. "It's about the dragon slayers."

"What of them?" Master asked knotting his forehead.

I look over Erza unsure, "Well you see, Master. Lately, we been noticing some changes with the dragon slayer Natsu and Gajeel. They are somewhat..." I smiled warily, "Very unusual. Or I might have been overreacting."

"Certainly not." Erza said, "It was not only Gajeel and Natsu. There is Laxus too." That caught the master's attention more at the topic of his grandson. He might not show it but like any other grandparents Master adores Laxus more than anyone else. He is his only grandson after all.

"Oh? How is he acting?"

"Weird." Erza replied. "I can't described his intentions..." she glance at Mira who is looking at her curiously. She is not aware of that.

"It might be just some sort of coincidence, Master. We are not sure." Mira smile lightly.

"I shall take this seriously but we can't do anything for we do not have any idea what those rascals are up to." Master got up from his seat, "As long as they haven't harm anyone then let us continue to observe. I trust you both on this."

We both got up and nod. "Understood, Master."

We exited the office together and heard more commotion below as they again are fighting. Nothing new. We managed to get back in the bar without getting hit or drag from all the fighting.

"I shall do my own investigations, Mira." Erza said, "The less involve the better."

I nod at her, agreeing. "Alright." I watch Erza as she walks towards Natsu's direction. Good luck, Erza.

"Where were you?"

I jump at the sudden voice behind me. I turned around and came face to face with a broad chest. I don't need to look up to know.

"Laxus. You startled me!" I said placing a hand in my chest. "And I was the Master's office.

Laxus grunt, "What for?"

"Nothing in particular."

"Tell me." He demand.

I furrowed my brow at his behaviour, "Reporting and giving the ledger." I replied returning to my position behind the counter. "Another drink?"

Laxus just stared at me looking irritated probably because of my response. I just smiled at him sweetly giving him another glass of his drink. I remember Erza saying something about him acting unusual as well. Guess she was right. Laxus is oddly too quiet and intimidating. The blonde sat back to his previous seat and gulped down his drink , eyes not leaving mine. I started to feel uneasy but remained composed.

"Lies." He muttered looking down on his glass again. I stayed quiet and continued mixing some drinks. No exchange was heard from both of us for a few minutes and I'm fine with. I feel something tugging on the knots of my apron. I look behind me and was greeted again with the blonde male who is now looking on the knots of my apron he was tugging.

"Uhh... Laxus?"

"Shut up." He tugged on my knots, irritated. "I'm sick of keeping it in." he growled. I look up to him more confused than ever and slightly worried, "Laxus, what's wrong with you?"

Laxus glared at me darkly, I can see he is beyong pissed. "What's wrong with me?" He let out another growl, swallowing my figure with his. We are too close I could feel the heat radiating from his body.

"The fact that you are so close is what making me go mad." He said through gritted teeth.

Did I step on a land mine?

I lightly took a step back, wary look. "I don't get what you mean. But, I'm sorry however if I have done something to have made you mad."

"Tch. Exactly that." He growled before storming off the guild. I watched him disappear behind the door, more and more puzzled.

"What's wrong with him." I frown, shaking my head. I glanced at the upper level of the guild and saw Porlyusica standing next to Master and Wendy who was looking a little worried, face a bit red. They are carefully observing the dragon slayers. They probably saw that even Laxus is acting unusual. I search with my eyes where the other two dragon slayers only to find them growling at each other with Levy and Lucy in their sides squirming.

"Natsu! Let go of me, you idiot!"

"Gajeel! I want to have a talk with Lu-chan!" Levy shouted, trying to free herself as she is locked in his right arm around her. Somehow, she look so adorable, like a puppy.

"Get away from us, flame brain! Your presence is unsettling!"

"You presence is making me boil in rage, rusty! Stay away from Lucy!"

"Don't come near, Levy!"

"Gajeel!"

"Natsu! That's enough!"

"You two. I'll kill you if you don't stop." Erza warned before looking at me, signalling to go upstairs where Master and Porlyusica is. Removing my apron, I followed Erza.

"Well, Erza and Mira. I think I know what's going on now." Master sighed with a troubled look on his face. "Just thinking about it makes my head hurt. I do not know what to do."

"Is it that bad, Master?" We asked.

"Porlyusica will tell you." He mumbled. We look at the her expecting a explanation. The pink haired woman just look at us with a mixture between annoyed cause probably we're human and the look of mischief for a reason we  have no inkling about.

"Well today hits the mark."

"Mark of?"

"What ever do you mean?"

"Pitiful humans."

"Old hag, just tell them."

"It's Dragon's season." She simply said shrugging as if it was nothing. Erza and me look stupidfy not clearly getting it. I even rummaged my brain if I had encountered the words before. None came close to it.

"I'm sorry, what?"

-----

😶 exams ✌🏻️ gomen...