"I'm trying but this is all so chaotic, I don't know if I can take it."

"You can. You're the strongest person I ever met and if someone was able to tame the insanely hot and manly Dominic Kingston, that person is you. Don't let some freak ruin that for you!"

"Yeah, you're right. I'll see what I can do."

"That's my girl." A giggle sounded from the other side, followed by a manly voice. "Well, I've got to go. Call me if you need anything, ok?"

"Ok. And good luck with your knew romenian man."

"Oh, trust me, I will..." She chuckled as I hang up.

Michaela was right, I needed to trust Dom and not let this ruin what we had. It was difficult but I would manage to do it, for both of us. We were strong enough to take it, or at least I wanted to believe I was strong enough to take it.

Looking at the digital clock on the nightstand, I read the numbers 18.25. Dominic should have been back already and, despite knowing he was probably alright, my heart still felt constricted. I wanted my lion with me, where I could see and feel he was okay.

"Aleera!" Anya shouted in an alarmed tone and I, confused, got up from the bed, allowing my eyes to glance at the beautiful flowers around me, and strolled towards the living room, where Anya and Jeremy stood, the last one with a medium sized box in his hands. When I walked in, they all looked at me with wary faces.

"What's that?"

"It just arrived for you. I went after the delivery guy but he said it was anonymous and had no idea who sent it." Jeremy explained in a tense voice that I had never heard.

"Give it to me."

"No, I don't know what's inside. Let me open for you."

"Jeremy, it was sent to me, let me open it." I stated sternly.

"Aleera..." Anya started but I just stretched my arms and Jeremy, reluctantly, put the box in them.

Carefully, I walked towards the coffee table, placing the box on top of it and kneeling in front of it. Anya and Jeremy did the same. Taking a deep breath, I opened the lid and, the first thing I saw, on top of tons of small styrofoam bits, was a letter. My hand shook slightly when I opened it.

He thinks he can protect you by keeping you in his home? Silly, little Dom... Nothing can protect you from me and he'll learn it in the worst way.

"Give me the box, Aleera." Jeremy demanded in a anxious tone of voice that scared me more than the threat itself. He was alway the calm guy. However, I didn't listen and quickly buried my hands on the styrofoam.

First, I felt something sticky and moist. Grabbing it, I squeezed a little and it felt a little rigid but still squichy. More liquid came out. Alarmed, I pulled it out and become face to face with a heart, a real bloody heart.

It was then I started screaming. And I screamed and screamed and screamed.

I could faintly hear Jeremy cuss violently and quickly get that...that thing out of my hands before hugging tightly my shaking body. He was talking but I couldn't understand him so I was somewhat aware that I was having a panic attack. I could hear my racing heart and loud pants but not much more. Somehow, I could hear Anya's scared shouts but did not understood what she was shouting.

Jeremy kept hugging me and I thought I screamed a few more times, but I was not sure. The only thing I knew was that I had grabbed a heart, if it was human or not I didn't know, and that I was crying in panic. I felt like I was trapped in a big bubble where I couldn't hear or see, just faintly feel someone's arms around me and a chest pressed against my cheek.